Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

My heart sank, when I realised an online order I'd placed was to be delivered by Yodel (having read some of the sfuff people on here have said about them), especially with the supposed back log, but I was very pleasantly surprised by how painless it was to deal with them. They tried to deliver today, no one was home, so they left a calling card. I called them back as soon as I got home, and 15 mins later the dude turned up at my door with my goodies. Pretty sweet.  

Just proves how useless they are - they even forgot to screw up your delivery. I bet that driver's going to be in trouble when he gets back to the depot.

• Like 2

so there's something interesting on the telly, turned it up but still couldn't hear it, turned it up a bit more and my gorgeous missus asks what the merry **** I'm doing

I worry my ears have gone fuzzy

I raise finger to ear

ah, I have headphones on

• Like 2

Yesterday was one of the busiest and most stressful days I've ever had at work. It was horrible.

But today is brilliant. I'm pretty much the only person in the office at the moment. I'm browsing VT whilst wrapping up a few loose ends. At midday we've got a free buffet lunch followed by a quiz (#doss) and then I'm finished for a week off, starting with Barcelona tomorrow!

This has cheered me up. Hence me posting in this thread. Just to clarify.

I've added some Gervais XFM shows into the mix now.

Brilliant.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Team Christmas meal today... quite looking forward to it. Not staying late, will stuff my face, few beers and then home. 

Seems strange to say but actually missed some of my work colleagues as i've been off for over 2 weeks... don't miss the job one iota but some people, yes. 

Yesterday was one of the busiest and most stressful days I've ever had at work. It was horrible.

But today is brilliant. I'm pretty much the only person in the office at the moment. I'm browsing VT whilst wrapping up a few loose ends. At midday we've got a free buffet lunch followed by a quiz (#doss) and then I'm finished for a week off, starting with Barcelona tomorrow!

I've added some Gervais XFM sows into the mix now.

Brilliant.

The best show ever broadcast! How they got away with what they did I'll never know!  :)

I've added some Gervais XFM sows into the mix now.

Brilliant.

The best show ever broadcast! How they got away with what they did I'll never know! :)

Agreed. I listen to one a day I reckon.

Hilarious.

Was listening to one myself last night.

It's the one where Karl is probed by Ricky and Steve on what he got his girlfriend for Christmas and it turns out he got a massive 100 box of condoms.

Then he says he doesn't like giving gifts as Christmas was always bad memories for him including the time his parents were having a party and he was sent to his room early to play with his train sets which his brother promptly broke by turning the transformer up (this is the brother lest we forget who got kicked out of the army for going for a packet of fags in a tank) Oh and how Karl got up at 5am, opened all his presents and then went back to bed just to relieve the tension of not knowing what he had got.

Classic shows!

Edit: also listened to one the other day where Karl reminisces about getting his hair cut as a young lad by the barber over a railway bridge who had to stop cutting when the train came through. This is also the barber who told he had the chair of a china man and Ricky quips "you have the hair of a bald china man now"

Brilliant!

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 3

Edit: also listened to one the other day where Karl reminisces about getting his hair cut as a young lad by the barber over a railway bridge who had to stop cutting when the train came through. This is also the barber who told he had the chair of a china man and Ricky quips "you have the hair of a bald china man now"

Brilliant!

Didn't the barber have to wash up the pots and pans so he could use the sink to wash Karl's hair?! 

• Like 1

Â