Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Thinking I’d lost my debit card and worrying that someone had been helping themselves to some Christmas shopping before retracing my steps and then legging it to my local co-op five minutes before it closed and breathlessly retrieving it from some very helpful staff.

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Just inadvertently ended up in the front row for an open mic poetry night. Spoken exclusively in Icelandic. I don't speak Icelandic. 

Out of embarrassment we had to sit through 20 minutes of it and applaud in the right places before fleeing when the next act was coming on. 🤣

Please tell me you are in Iceland and not in Smethwick?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Got no idea what day it is at the moment, feels great.

Cracks me up whenever i ask someone and they tell me.

Absolutely no chance is today a Sunday.

Opposite for me - feels like everything is back to normal now. I guess its because I worked the 24th, 27th and 28th and i'm working tomorrow as well. Definitely got the 'Sunday feeling' today. 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

finally won a randomly entered competition - a season ticket to watch Glamorgan in the T20 cricket. Lovely stuff :D  It's usefully the format in which Glamorgan are least shit too :thumb:

Was that a booby prize?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

finally won a randomly entered competition - a season ticket to watch Glamorgan in the T20 cricket. Lovely stuff :D  It's usefully the format in which Glamorgan are least shit too :thumb:

Sympathies. I can't stand watching cricket and therefore I can't fathom it for you either.

Seriously though, enjoy! At least you won't be following Australian cricket!

The thing that cheered me up has now transitioned to a thing that pisses me off.  The video of the London NYD Parade came up yesterday, but was promptly blocked in the US because of copyright issues.  F**king Warner Media Group.  Our son won't get to see the video of himself, nor will family who didn't want to get up at 4:00 AM to watch the parade.  My wife wanted to get a screen cap of his closeup to save and is right pissed.

• Sad 1

Â