Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Bit stupid to be swearing at members of the public when you're on the job, tbh. 

Yeah but that joke was so hilarious it would be a shame to let it go to waste ;) 

• Haha 1

This was a while back, but I was on site for my second week of my carpentry apprenticeship. The site was 100km from home and home at the time was already 50km out of Melbourne.

We are building in a rural coastal town on a golf course (one of those swank homes for those that can afford a weekend getaway house). Some bloke walks on site with an English accent asking about our availability in the coming months to do a build for him.

He notices I'm wearing my waterproof Villa training jacket and it turns out he's a supporter who used to call Birmingham home. My boss let's me and him talk all things Villa for a while before I had to get back to duties.

Of all the places I thought I'd meet a diehard supporter born and bred in Birmingham.

• Like 3

On 28/11/2018 at 11:31, mjmooney said:

My old codger reunions continue. After seeing an old student mate a couple of weeks ago (after 44 years), I went to a local gig last night and realised the guy who organised the night was somebody I used to play football with in the late 70s. Much beery anecdotage ensued. 

Further to this: 

The same bloke used to be in a Leeds band called Luigi Anada Boys, who made one 1978 LP, in a limited edition of 1000, which currently changes hands for £500 - £600. 

I have a mint condition copy. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Further to this: 

The same bloke used to be in a Leeds band called Luigi Anada Boys, who made one 1978 LP, in a limited edition of 1000, which currently changes hands for £500 - £600. 

I have a mint condition copy. 

giphy.gif

You going to sell it? 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I tell you what Mooney, that cd you was going to send me, well don’t bother with it anymore. Just send me that album instead 😉

Yeah, I forgot I promised you a copy of the WF5 album. I'll get on it. As for the Luigi's LP, it's yours for a knockdown £300.  :)

(Actually, you'd probably like it, it's pretty good - twin lead guitar rock, very like Wishbone Ash). 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Turned out for in goal my old Sunday League team today. My friend and I formed the team 10 years ago but I gave it up 5 or 6 years ago and barely played since. They called me the other day looking for a keeper for today's game.

Cup quarter final against the team top of the league above.

Man of the Match and saved two penalties in the shootout which we won.

Still got it 😎

I hope you wore socks.       ;)

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Turned out for in goal my old Sunday League team today. My friend and I formed the team 10 years ago but I gave it up 5 or 6 years ago and barely played since. They called me the other day looking for a keeper for today's game.

Cup quarter final against the team top of the league above.

Man of the Match and saved two penalties in the shootout which we won.

Still got it 😎

Nyland out , Stevo In. 

• Haha 1

Was on a flight into Schipol on Saturday night back from Birmingham,  by the time we were ready to land a few people were either sick or crying round by me,  one bloke missed the bag completley.  (It was mega windy and they had cancelled over 100 flights that day allready (KLM)).

As we came into land at 20:30 on the main runway (I am in Die Hard 2 by now in my head) I saw the runway lights and he was just about to reduce the power when we got blown sideways and a bit skew,  we then went full power 45 degrees up and aborted the landing.  It was so loud from reducing power to max thrust.

It was quite scary to be fair (I was sweating a bit) ,  I felt I was in a film at one point as the plane went really quiet at one point,  I have flown 100's of times and that was my first and last plane story hopefully.  I then punched a nun and pulled a drip out of a little fellas arm.

We landed sort of safley on the far runway about half an hour later after circling for a bit.  Maybe it was becasue it was a really small plane,  that we got blew off course right at the last second.  (108 seat plane).  No crew were smiling as we all got off either, they were all white as sheets.

• Sad 2

Guess the year on planet rock. Probably my favourite year. Without cheating who can name the year. 

The Doors , LA Woman 

Led Zep , Misty Mountain Hop

The Who, Bargain 

Bowie, Changes

Uriah Heep, Look At Yourself 

thats just to name a few. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Guess the year on planet rock. Probably my favourite year. Without cheating who can name the year. 

The Doors , LA Woman 

Led Zep , Misty Mountain Hop

The Who, Bargain 

Bowie, Changes

Uriah Heep, Look At Yourself 

thats just to name a few. 

70 ?

Â