Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, bickster said:

(2)    The 1998 Act, nor indeed the current legislation (I’ll let you look it up) allow for data sharing of this nature, in fact  they were both pretty much designed to prevent it

Isn't the point of Schedule 2 of the new Act (replacing section 35 of the 1998 Act) to provide an exemption to data controllers for disclosure of data in connection with (prospective) legal proceedings?

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Isn't the point of Schedule 2 of the new Act (replacing section 35 of the 1998 Act) to provide an exemption to data controllers for disclosure of data in connection with (prospective) legal proceedings?

Whichever schedule it is (I forget) it provides an exemption, not a compulsion (as did the 1998 act)

And as our Privacy Policy states, we will not divulge information to third parties unless legally compelled to do so, being in breach of our Privacy Policy also has serious consequences

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Whichever schedule it is (I forget) it provides an exemption, not a compulsion (as did the 1998 act)

And as our Privacy Policy states, we will not divulge information to third parties unless legally compelled to do so, being in breach of our Privacy Policy also has serious consequences

Ah, gotcha.

So it allows for discretion to disclose and an exemption for doing so rather than a requirement to do so (unless legally compelled) and as you've a published Privacy Policy saying the circumstances in which you'll do something you have to stick to that. Understood.

Edited by snowychap
Edited a little.
  • Like 1

@bicksteris spot on.

The current act and the previous one do not compel you to disclose. They just outline situitions where it's permissible without being prosecuted . For instance you can disclose anything if you feel it would help prevent or detect a serious crime, prevent harm to an innocent party or is in the general public interest. There are thousands of bits of law that compel you to give information. There is also the over-riding ability for me to see a judge and get a court order. With a court order I can do whatever the order says and take whatever the order says is necessary.

In all cases like this the first question you should always ask this 2 part question: 

"Is this a request or a legal obligation?"

"If it's a legal obligation please state the legislation or provide me with the court order." 

Any legitimate and credible authority will be able to provide the order or quote the broad legislation they are using. 

Always remember that the law expects you to be a "reasonable man". If a reasonable man knew something that would prevent serious harm to another or prevent a serious crime you aren't going to be prosecuted if you divulge that to a relevant authority. 

A guy streaming Donkey Kong 64 for 57 hours raised $340,000 for a transgender support charity.

Particularly cheers me up as the whole thing is effectively a massive middie finger to the famous word removed that organised a campaign to ensure the charity lost lottery funding.

And also because DK64 is famously a bit shit.

Been asked to be a best man at my mate’s wedding. 

Genuinely pleased to have been asked, not done it before so am honoured. 

Now faced with the prospect of spending the next few months staring at a blank page trying to think of amusing and/or heartfelt things to say.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Now faced with the prospect of spending the next few months staring at a blank page trying to think of amusing and/or heartfelt things to say.

Well.......getting advice on what to say/not to say is what villatalk is ALL about my friend ! You'll be glad you signed up to this forum........you'll get everything from sincere words, funny jokes and anecdotes........all sorts of advice......even  "DHUTWU" 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Just finished building a 3d Printer. (Xmas Present)

Going to update firmware and then try it.  Will it work is the question ?

Get it to print a 3d printer. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Make sure you hint that the wife is a munter and the priest was pissed and dressed like a tramp.

I can lend you the speech I made at the Brands Hatch Hotel then :mrgreen:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Get it to print a 3d printer. 

A girl at work was asking about 3D printers the other day. At first I wasn’t sure she really knew what she was talking about. When she came out with this, I was 100% sure:

”So you can print whatever you like on them? Cos we need a new sofa so would I be better off just buying a 3D printer and printing one off that?”  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â