Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Mine would benefit from a quick once over, but last time out I finished the petrol and I don’t want to put more in, and sit there going gooey all winter, just for 1 cut.

I leave petrol in mine over winter. Not been a problem so far though I'm sure it's not ideal. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I leave petrol in mine over winter. Not been a problem so far though I'm sure it's not ideal. 

Tbh I usually do too, but the fact it run dry I am tempted just to leave it dry all winter now. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

To The Boring Thread with yez. 

How dare you, I have been waiting for this day for about 4 weeks, the planets aligned, multiple days without rain and now I am good till the spring.

Looking for a band called Housewives On Acid, this came up in the search.

Housewives On Acid were poor, but this, well, there's some corking lines :D

Mary Whitehouse would have died at least twice in the first minute.

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Met three pals today in Brum. The lads I used to travel the world with. The last time we were all together was before the pandemic. 

I realised two things. We all look a lot older, and I can't drink all day anymore!

I’m catching up with some mates who I’ve not seen for while next weekend , I’m talking about pub crawl , live music  and staggering home at 3 am … they are talking about a couple of pints and home for tea … they are about 3 years older than me , I’m already dreading getting to their age 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m catching up with some mates who I’ve not seen for while next weekend , I’m talking about pub crawl , live music  and staggering home at 3 am … they are talking about a couple of pints and home for tea … they are about 3 years older than me , I’m already dreading getting to their age 

They're probably dreading going drinking with you. I know I would be. 

Then again, I've been a 'couple of pints and home for tea' man since I was about 20. 

• Like 1

All day drinking I enjoy or shall I say enjoyed. If I was in the pub at 9/10 in the morning you could guarantee I’d still be drinking at 9/10 at night still . Just sitting there boozing was great. Jesus in recent years I’d pay for it the next few days mind and most of the time regret doing it. 

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’ve got you down as a bit of a party animal 

12 hours ago, Xela said:

and I can't drink all day anymore!

Yeah, that's shit. 

We did a bit of a crawl all day Friday and I noticed a few of us leaving pints half drunk behind.  In years gone by it would have been commented on but these days everyone just tries to pretend like they haven't noticed it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Xela said:

,and I can't drink all day anymore!

Nor me. ot beer anyway and not in the day.

For example, I'm off work tomorrow so we shall probably go to the farm shop for duck eggs and Black Bomber, then onto the pub.

I will have two pints of IPA and be falling asleep when I get in.

Now if it was vodka and energy drink...😋

• Like 1

Â