Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just now, trekka said:

Thanks.  I've paid about £300 for a double premium, including premium delivery (meaning they'll take away my old one).  It seemed too good to be true at first but it's direct from their website.  Having just checked, seems I was lucky - the best deal on there now is 55% off (still good, mind). 

60% if you join the mailing list!

On 06/07/2023 at 08:07, lapal_fan said:

Who needs a fjord when you can have concrete? 

And we also don't really know the thrill of swimming in a river, only to be chased by a school of playful nutty turds.

Saw a lovely mk1 Toyota MR2 parked up in Lichfield. Similar to the one below. Made me smile :)

One-54d380670d840.jpg

What a lovely little motor. Forgot how nice they were. 

• Like 2

I wasn't sure where to post this but seeing as I posted about expecting an Emma mattress earlier, I thought I would just carry on here.

So it was delivered.  It took me ages to unpack it with all of the plastic around it and then "whoosh!" it sprang out.  No cutting tool that is meant to be provided which seemed odd but the mattress is fine (at least I think it's fine) so thought nothing of it.  2 hours later, the delivery drivers turn up again.  "We've given you the wrong box!".  "Errr, the mattress is on my bed" I said before buzzing them in.   So I let them in and sure enough, it had someone else's name on the box (I really should have checked).  We checked the size and label and it was the same product.  "Okay, it's the same" they said before going away again.  An hour later they came back asking for the box.  It seems that they worked out they could just swap the contents of the box and nobody is any wiser (especially as there was no tape, just those flap things).  Now it's got me wondering if this has happened before with this mattress and why I didn't have the cutting tool etc in the box :detect:.  "Premium delivery" apparently.  

At least they've taken away my old mattress, the box and plastic.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, trekka said:

I wasn't sure where to post this but seeing as I posted about expecting an Emma mattress earlier, I thought I would just carry on here.

So it was delivered.  It took me ages to unpack it with all of the plastic around it and then "whoosh!" it sprang out.  No cutting tool that is meant to be provided which seemed odd but the mattress is fine (at least I think it's fine) so thought nothing of it.  2 hours later, the delivery drivers turn up again.  "We've given you the wrong box!".  "Errr, the mattress is on my bed" I said before buzzing them in.   So I let them in and sure enough, it had someone else's name on the box (I really should have checked).  We checked the size and label and it was the same product.  "Okay, it's the same" they said before going away again.  An hour later they came back asking for the box.  It seems that they worked out they could just swap the contents of the box and nobody is any wiser (especially as there was no tape, just those flap things).  Now it's got me wondering if this has happened before with this mattress and why I didn't have the cutting tool etc in the box :detect:.  "Premium delivery" apparently.  

At least they've taken away my old mattress, the box and plastic.  

Was it sold at such a discount because it was one of their certified refurbished items?

I’ve seen them on hotukdeals a few times.

Usually it’s cancelled orders but might have been lightly used and returned during the trial period. It might explain the missing tool, and could have had someones hairy, sweaty arse on it already… 

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

Was it sold at such a discount because it was one of their certified refurbished items?

I’ve seen them on hotukdeals a few times.

Usually it’s cancelled orders but might have been lightly and returned during the trial period. It might explain the missing tool, and could have had someones hairy, sweaty arse on it already… 

Nope, brand new.  One of their clearance sales as it was at the end of the "box life" apparently.  All good - the mattress seems fine and has that "new mattress smell".  In fact, the mattress seems better than fine - I've just had a quick lay-down on it and it's great now it's had time to breathe.  Much, much better than what I had before.  It might take some time to get used to though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Saw a lovely mk1 Toyota MR2 parked up in Lichfield. Similar to the one below. Made me smile :)

One-54d380670d840.jpg

What a lovely little motor. Forgot how nice they were for girls and hairdressers.

Indeed!

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

One week in and my new business is going great.

I sell very slightly spunky mattresses to pervs.

I might have to sleep on it before responding properly.  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

One-54d380670d840.jpg

I saw a Delorean in The Cotswolds today. Never seen one in real life before. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

One week in and my new business is going great.

I sell very slightly spunky mattresses to pervs.

Have you got a website. My mate might be interested. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

One-54d380670d840.jpg

My housemate at uni had one. Lovely car. 

Overheated every single time we drove it anywhere mind you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Slumbercummerland.com

Currently a very good deal on crusty curtains.

Dammit!!! Fix your site *waiving credit card frantically*

gBjA9vo.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My housemate at uni had one. Lovely car. 

Overheated every single time we drove it anywhere mind you

An unreliable 1980s Toyota? Thats like a unicorn! :)

The wife booked a holiday for September, had a look on the hotels insta, post from yesterday showing that the had an outdoor bar with a projector screen

Wait a minute who's that? Zoom in on that screen... Claret and blue... Zoom in some more... Number 31 Leon Bailey... 😂 She wasn't as impressed as I was

Â