Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Took my car over to Burton to get a gearbox oil change and pollen/air filters fitted.

Bad news, needed a rear drop link as well.

Good news, someone didn't want a full set of tyres that fit mine that have only done 50 miles, got them for free ;)

• Like 4

On 30/06/2023 at 16:01, bickster said:

I love the bat house at the zoo, the missus and the daughter won't go in with me

I could sit there for ages just watching themfly with them just brushing past my head, not a problem. The females of this family would just scream the place down

I'm with the ladies here, mammals shouldn't be able to fly imo.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Took my car over to Burton to get a gearbox oil change and pollen/air filters fitted.

Bad news, needed a rear drop link as well.

Good news, someone didn't want a full set of tyres that fit mine that have only done 50 miles, got them for free ;)

You normally like that sort of thing don't you? 😉

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4th of July. Americans think it's seared into our brains that they bested us and split off victorious. I find it quite funny that it's not even a footnote as we have so much other history. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Genuine situation that just occurred in our house.

Mrs Sidcow is across the room doing an online training course.

She suddenly shouts out "Get him away from my jugs, get him away from my jugs - they shouldn't even be out!"

Turns out she's left some measuring jugs on our patio table and a squirrel had started investigating them.

For a minute I was seriously worried about what kind of training she was doing :crylaugh:     🍈🍈

Was she on Only Jugs

• Haha 1

On 30/06/2023 at 16:01, bickster said:

I love the bat house at the zoo, the missus and the daughter won't go in with me

I could sit there for ages just watching themfly with them just brushing past my head, not a problem. The females of this family would just scream the place down

Now we know where Covid started, back of a taxi in Wolverhampton. 😂

7 hours ago, El Zen said:

This f***ing country of mine. It is absolutely stunning, isn’t it? 

I was just approached today about a potential job in Bergen.

Where is that and where are you in Norway?

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I was just approached today about a potential job in Bergen.

Where is that and where are you in Norway?

Bergen is on the west coast.  It's beautiful, but I've only been there in the summer.   Wouldn't be nearly as cold as Denver in the winter but a hell of a lot less sunshine.  Grieg's home is there and they built a beautiful little concert hall on the property where they regularly hold recitals.  If you can get over there for an interview without having to pay out of your own pocket it's definitely worth a trip, even if you're not really interested.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Bergen is on the west coast.  It's beautiful, but I've only been there in the summer.   Wouldn't be nearly as cold as Denver in the winter but a hell of a lot less sunshine.  Grieg's home is there and they built a beautiful little concert hall on the property where they regularly hold recitals.  If you can get over there for an interview without having to pay out of your own pocket it's definitely worth a trip, even if you're not really interested.

Nice. I was actually asking where the picture was but glad you're positive about the town.

My wife is ready to pack up and leave :o

Also the possibility that my kids won't be gunned down in school is quite appealing as ridiculous as that sounds.

Â