Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Ha! If i do the stranglers it's always "peaches". ;)

Currently playing "December 1963", always a crowd pleaser. 

I'm worried (for you and the other patrons of your establishment) that you've got jukebox mixed up with some form of karaoke machine. :)

Used to go to a pub in town called The Dog House, it was the starter end of the crawl through town to the late clubs at the other end. Anyway, we'd listen to whatever other people were willing to pay 10p for. The box played the records in button order, A's before B's regardless of who selected a song when (so you could queue jump if you had a working knowledge of the alphabet and numbers).

But just before we'd leave, as a little tradition, we'd pile our loose change in and punch, A1 A1 A1 A1 A1

A1 was Soft Cell, Tainted Love, 5 times in a row, enjoy!

Used to go to a pub in town called The Dog House, it was the starter end of the crawl through town to the late clubs at the other end. Anyway, we'd listen to whatever other people were willing to pay 10p for. The box played the records in button order, A's before B's regardless of who selected a song when (so you could queue jump if you had a working knowledge of the alphabet and numbers).

But just before we'd leave, as a little tradition, we'd pile our loose change in and punch, A1 A1 A1 A1 A1

A1 was Soft Cell, Tainted Love, 5 times in a row, enjoy!

I think you were wasting your money.

Back then the 'memory' would have been a raised mechanical switch which would be matched with a particular record in the rack.

This would be reset after the record had played once and there was no mechanism for storing the number of times it had been selected.

It would work alphabetically but if two people made the same selection it would play it once and both parties would assume that it was playing their own selection.

You weren't to know this as you and your mates were laughing your way to the next pub.:)

Getting 10 hours of uninterrupted deep sleep, and waking up to the news that Sherwood got the sack.

Patriots v Jets in a half hour...

Happy Sunday!

bad news my man, you are still in a deep sleep

when you do wake up Sherwood is still manager, you're late for work and you've pissed the bed

you're welcome.

• Like 3

Â