Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

chocolate is my weakness, every morning when i go the shop its,the sun or daily mail,pint of milk and two galaxy caramels.

Surely you must see the irony of someone with your 'life preferences' and 'history' purchasing the daily heil?

Unless this was a gag?

chocolate is my weakness, every morning when i go the shop its,the sun or daily mail,pint of milk and two galaxy caramels.

Surely you must see the irony of someone with your 'life preferences' and 'history' purchasing the daily heil?

Unless this was a gag?

nah no gag, ive read both papers for years. i think the daily mail is a good read. i get the hint not many people on here like it, why is that?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

Rational Wiki sums it up best.

The Daily Mail (aka, Hate MailDaily FailDaily HeilDaily Moan and so on), is a reactionary tabloid rag masquerading as a "traditional values," middle-class newspaper that is, in many ways, the second-worst of the British gutter press (only Rupert Murdoch's Sun is worse). Its weighty Sunday counterpart is the Mail on Sunday.

The Daily Mail is to the U.K. what the New York Post is to the United States, and what the Drudge Report is to the Internet: to wit, gossipy tabloid "journalism" for those who cannot digest serious news, with a flippantly wingnut editorial stance. The Daily Mail is notable among British tabloids for rejecting the standard red-top banner in order to try to appear more upmarket and respectable, although it does sometimes go in for the full front-page picture or headline characteristic of thepopulist rags. It is also notorious for its frequent harassment of individuals, campaigns of hate directed at various minorities, and willfully deceiving and lying to its readers.

the mail was the household paper and i always liked reading it hence why i still buy it. people call me an old man for buying it but i always found it interesting, always looked at it as an upper class paper over papers like the sun,star,mirror etc. 

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

Rational Wiki sums it up best.

The Daily Mail (aka, Hate MailDaily FailDaily HeilDaily Moan and so on), is a reactionary tabloid rag masquerading as a "traditional values," middle-class newspaper that is, in many ways, the second-worst of the British gutter press (only Rupert Murdoch's Sun is worse). Its weighty Sunday counterpart is the Mail on Sunday.

The Daily Mail is to the U.K. what the New York Post is to the United States, and what the Drudge Report is to the Internet: to wit, gossipy tabloid "journalism" for those who cannot digest serious news, with a flippantly wingnut editorial stance. The Daily Mail is notable among British tabloids for rejecting the standard red-top banner in order to try to appear more upmarket and respectable, although it does sometimes go in for the full front-page picture or headline characteristic of thepopulist rags. It is also notorious for its frequent harassment of individuals, campaigns of hate directed at various minorities, and willfully deceiving and lying to its readers.

the mail and sun are the two papers i only buy :D

growing up as a kid nothing ever positive was said about immigrants and even black people if im honest. from a early age these funny looking people wearing funny clothes(from a childs point of view) scared me back then, obviously some of that fear has stuck with me and with todays problems my views have been twisted even more. the papers i read obviously dont help then :) hopefully one day my fears will vanish or i will be more understanding of certain issues.

Â