Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

growing up as a kid nothing ever positive was said about immigrants and even black people if im honest. from a early age these funny looking people wearing funny clothes(from a childs point of view) scared me back then, obviously some of that fear has stuck with me and with todays problems my views have been twisted even more. the papers i read obviously dont help then [emoji4] hopefully one day my fears will vanish or i will be more understanding of certain issues.

Brother, we're all pink inside.

But yes, I do agree it's rather po-faced making a judgement on someone based on the newspapers they read. My 82 year old grandad also reads the Mail but I'm quite sure him and Rugeley are very different people.

And, to be honest, the story he (Ruge, not my grandad) told where he was chasing his workmate with some shit on some tissue was probably a greater character profile than his reading habits :)

growing up as a kid nothing ever positive was said about immigrants and even black people if im honest. from a early age these funny looking people wearing funny clothes(from a childs point of view) scared me back then, obviously some of that fear has stuck with me and with todays problems my views have been twisted even more. the papers i read obviously dont help then [emoji4] hopefully one day my fears will vanish or i will be more understanding of certain issues.

But yes, I do agree it's rather po-faced making a judgement on someone based on the newspapers they read. My 82 year old grandad also reads the Mail but I'm quite sure him and Rugeley are very different people.

And, to be honest, the story he (Ruge, not my grandad) told where he was chasing his workmate with some shit on some tissue was probably a greater character profile than his reading habits :)

i know dude. would that instance describe my character as having a shit fetish :blink:

And, to be honest, the story he (Ruge, not my grandad) told where he was chasing his workmate with some shit on some tissue was probably a greater character profile than his reading habits [emoji4]

i know dude. would that instance describe my character as having a shit fetish :blink:

Hey man, I'm no doctor, all I know is I'd avoid you if I saw you in street with some shitty paper in your hand (and I don't mean the Mail)

• Like 2

And, to be honest, the story he (Ruge, not my grandad) told where he was chasing his workmate with some shit on some tissue was probably a greater character profile than his reading habits [emoji4]

Hey man, I'm no doctor, all I know is I'd avoid you if I saw you in street with some shitty paper in your hand (and I don't mean the Mail)

i dont blame ya.

• Like 1

I don't care what paper people read, I don't read the sun or the mail, that's my choice but I don't judge people that do. Similarly I have seen Rugeley views in a few threads and he is entitled to them views although they are out of step with my own. Still would have a drink with him. (No hoovers allowed)  

I don't care what paper people read, I don't read the sun or the mail, that's my choice but I don't judge people that do. Similarly I have seen Rugeley views in a few threads and he is entitled to them views although they are out of step with my own. Still would have a drink with him. (No hoovers allowed)  

me,you,bottle of scotch and the columbo boxset.

• Like 1

I must admit, this article on the BBC made me giggle. Well point 7 did anyway.

I just read it as mostly a list of things we don't do to substantiate the state's faith in the free-market, because we don't trust it.

I read it as a light hearted, tongue in cheek article that shouldn't be read into too much :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Pharmaceutical company in doing something nice shocker.

Turing Pharmaceuticals, the company that last month raised the price of the decades-old drug Daraprim from $13.50 a pill to $750, now has a competitor.

Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company based in San Diego, announced today that it has made an alternative to Daraprim that costs about a buck a pill—or $99 for a 100-pill supply.

FU Shkreli. 

Clicky

• Like 2

I think the most startling thing is that you still buy hard copies of news papers.

Also Galaxy caramels are horrid.  There's always too many of them in a box of Celebrations, I like caramel in a Twix or Mars Bar but in Galaxy or Dairy Milk, caramel just doesn't taste right.

I think the most startling thing is that you still buy hard copies of news papers.

Also Galaxy caramels are horrid.  There's always too many of them in a box of Celebrations, I like caramel in a Twix or Mars Bar but in Galaxy or Dairy Milk, caramel just doesn't taste right.

Get out of town! After the Maltesers, Galaxy Caramel is easily the next best Celebration!

Â