Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I have the completion date for my first home, next Friday!

I found the place in December, at times it's felt like it'd never finish. I (will) own a house (in 25 years)!!

The guy selling it is moving in with his new girlfriend, and it's going to cost so much to put some of his furniture in to storage, he's offered to let me have a double bed, all the curtains and blinds, a clothes dryer, and a dining table and chairs, all free. Looked like nice stuff too. I'm well pleased, especially as it's my first house and I don't actually own any furniture, it's saved me loads. :D

Re: S Club.

Apart from the blonde lead singer with a jaw like a brickie, they other 3 girls are absolute filth bags and I'd like to order the lot. :)

Apart from the blonde lead singer with a jaw like a brickie, they other 3 girls are absolute filth bags and I'd like to order the lot. :)

• Like 1

Obligatory "you can say that again" post.

• Like 2

Thirded

Black beans with jalapeños and India Pale Ale

IPA? Back on the sauce, old bean?

Yep, when I went down to Bermuda last month, I said **** it, why not?

Since I've been back, I've not drank any hard stuff, just beer and wine. 

And I have it in the back of my mind to quit again at some point, because I know how I am.

And I have it in the back of my mind to quit again at some point, because I know how I am.

At least you've picked a fine beverage! In all seriousness, I obviously don't know the full story of why you quit in the first place, but if you can keep it under control, then a few beers now and again can't hurt. If it's going to be an issue, I'm sure you're best placed to be aware of it, and stop.

Just remember the rule is, you have to come on Villa Talk, and spout incomprehensible nonsense at least once, while drunk. ;) 

• Like 2

At least you've picked a fine beverage! In all seriousness, I obviously don't know the full story of why you quit in the first place, but if you can keep it under control, then a few beers now and again can't hurt. If it's going to be an issue, I'm sure you're best placed to be aware of it, and stop.

Just remember the rule is, you have to come on Villa Talk, and spout incomprehensible nonsense at least once, while drunk. ;) 

I manage this feat sober -- swimmingly.  :wacko:

• Like 1

Her amp went pop (well buzzzzzz) at the weekend - Boo

I got mine out of mothballs. It's more pokey and more refined. Found the nice cable, took the posts out her speakers, biwired them - Yay

Her speakers are a decade newer than mine and have more advanced tweeters.

Listening to old tunes is like listening to new tunes. :)

Edited by Xann

I do happen to have a tub of this lapal  ;)

product-3.png

Being able to eat again! 

I hope you're halfway through your second Dominos already!

Just a chicken wrap so far, but my Mum kindly got me an Easter Egg, bless her! 

Dominos will be later  :)

• Like 2

Â