Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Clark could just not make the stupid mistakes he does. I know that's a silly thing to say, but I do genuinely believe there's a great defender in there. See glimpses of it week in week out.... but he's always just prone to making a huge error which seems to always be punished. I guess it's hard for any coach to really sort it out for him other than to tell him to just do the simple thing. 

• Like 1

He played fine apart from that one very costly mistake, and also had a good game against Sweden.

For a CB one costly mistake is all it takes for it to be considered a howler of a game. Thought he was our poorest defender in Sweden as well. looked far too nervy was was nearlyt caught out a couple of times.

What the hell was he thinking, and after what's happened recently, my mind boggles. His decision making has always been piss poor, on top of that he isn't a particularly good marker, constantly gets out jumped in the air, gets too tight when he shouldn't, gets outmuscled often. I thought Ridgewell was shit, he looks like McGrath in comparison.

I wish Clark could just not make the stupid mistakes he does. I know that's a silly thing to say, but I do genuinely believe there's a great defender in there. See glimpses of it week in week out.... but he's always just prone to making a huge error which seems to always be punished. I guess it's hard for any coach to really sort it out for him other than to tell him to just do the simple thing. 

I know what you mean and agree with you.

It's why I'd prefer him to play in the midfield when there's more support around him and he's not the last line of defence.

Â