Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Well as we seem to be stat obsessed this season. Baker has better ratio in tackling, interceptions, offsides won, aerial duels won, has a higher average rating, less yellow cards, less reds, committed less fouls per game and blocked more shots per game than Clark this season. 

• Like 2

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as we seem to be stat obsessed this season. Baker has better ratio in tackling, interceptions, offsides won, aerial duels won, has a higher average rating, less yellow cards, less reds, committed less fouls per game and blocked more shots per game than Clark this season. 

I've noticed and would agree that Baker is better defensively, but Clark is better at bringing the ball into the midfield when he is not making lastman Cruyff turns on opponent's forwards.

Think we miss him TBH. I see a quality player in there.

Like to see him back next to Large Ron for the next game. Maybe with Big Nate at left back.

Edited by Jon
  • Like 1

How many defensive cockups has Clark done as compared to Baker?

Baker has had a few bad ones himself, only seem to get half the stick though.

clark has more experience than baker. this is bakers first year getting a decent run and he has definitely improved.

I dont know why you are comparing Baker and Clarke.  At this stage of the season we should be comparing Clarke and Baker with Bennett.  Answers itself that one.

I've said it before, Clark should be in midfield. In between the defence and the middle, he's suited to that role. Good interceptor, moves it forward and likes to press up. He even gets a goal every so often!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was expecting a lot from him last season and he let me down massively. Thought he was the next Cahill but alas was not to be. With the rumours of Okore and Baker getting a new deal, you'd have to question whether or not Ciaran will feature next season. Lambert was quoted at the end of the season saying they'd be new deals for both Baker & Clark so who knows.

Unfortunately I think lambert likes him, but on the plus side I think he may be behind Baker now. Personally, I'd get rid. £3M thank you very much. Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he makes the grade, far too many errors and just general poor defending from him were costing us badly, and it was getting really annoying.

Was expecting a lot from him last season and he let me down massively. Thought he was the next Cahill but alas was not to be. With the rumours of Okore and Baker getting a new deal, you'd have to question whether or not Ciaran will feature next season. Lambert was quoted at the end of the season saying they'd be new deals for both Baker & Clark so who knows.

Read something earlier that says we're in talks with Clark for a new deal

I've said it before, Clark should be in midfield. In between the defence and the middle, he's suited to that role. Good interceptor, moves it forward and likes to press up. He even gets a goal every so often!

He's incredibly suited to play DM. He's too soft to play CB for me. 

Unfortunately I think lambert likes him, but on the plus side I think he may be behind Baker now. Personally, I'd get rid. £3M thank you very much. Nothing against the lad, I just don't think he makes the grade, far too many errors and just general poor defending from him were costing us badly, and it was getting really annoying.

Who on earth would pay £3m for Clark ?

Who on earth would pay £3m for Clark ?

There are loads of idiots in the game. I'm sure someone would be prepared to go to 3.

Deserves a new deal. At 23 he is still improving. 

He does need to cut the f ups out of his game which I have no doubt he can. He also needs to learn to stop getting so tight on bigger centre forwards who can and have turned him in an instant.

As with all our defenders, lots of room for improvement but he does have the ability and getting rid of him would be a mistake.

• Like 2

Â