Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark > Baker.

Clark is also OK cover at left back. Not going to go forward but he did OK there defensively when needed before.

So our defensive performances improving when Clark was dropped and Baker called up was down to...?

Vlaar was back in the team after his injury. Also, we didn't stop conceding. We conceded every game until the end of the season. What changed is we scored more.

no exaggeration to say he cost Villa about 10 points from mistakes last season. He even cost Ireland points in a qualifier and is far from 1st choice in them games.

He is decent but he has James Collins syndrome that he thinks he can play football and gets caught out too much the City goal and then 2 weeks later made same mistake vs Austria

He's young and inexperienced, but he could well in few years become similar player to what Gary Cahil is now. Of course, he might not too. Baker is my preffered option, but I'd definitely keep him for one more year at least.

Edited by Alakagom

no exaggeration to say he cost Villa about 10 points from mistakes last season. He even cost Ireland points in a qualifier and is far from 1st choice in them games.

He is decent but he has James Collins syndrome that he thinks he can play football and gets caught out too much the City goal and then 2 weeks later made same mistake vs Austria

The mistake against Tevez was because of over confidence, granted it was silly, & in a silly area of the pitch to try & perform the trick with no cover behind,but ultimately it was poor refereeing in truth because Tevez fouled him & got away with it. Hopefully Ciaran has learned from these type of errors & limits them next season if selected.

NB - I'm sure unfortuntely, that we will still continue making silly mistakes at times next season because all teams do & after all  we are only human, the key point is though that the whole team must concentrate more collectively in order to try & minimise our proness to these type of errors.

Edited by villa-revolution

Why do people keep saying he is young ? - Hes 24 in September

Really? I thought he was about 19/20.

He made his debut 4 years ago under MON

• Like 1

Think people keep holding onto his academy status

Can't remember the last time he had a "good" game

The problem with Clark is he is solid for 80/85 mins but when he switches off it usually results in a catastrophic error which leads to a goal conceeded.

Why do people keep saying he is young ? - Hes 24 in September

Really? I thought he was about 19/20.

He made his debut 4 years ago under MON

though hasnt helped him he has played under MON, Lambert, Houllier, Eck, McDonald and i think he might have played under McAllister

that isnt going to help a young player career at all

It's not scape goating, the team has bad players.

Bannan is bad. Clark is bad. Albrighton is bad. Delfuonso is bad.

It just happens that all these players are academy graduates so for some sentimental reason, people think they'll come good whereas if they weren't, they would've gotten the boot long ago.

Â