Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a shaky pre-season, he's hardly put a foot wrong since he got off the bench and into the back four vs. Arsenal. Had another solid game, this time in an unfamiliar position. If he keeps this form up all season, he'll really limit the damage of Okore's absence.

Has to be the biggest surprise so far this season, bar maybe bacuna. Delph was doing good last season but clark seems much better. What happened?

He cut out the clangers. That's the main thing. Defenders tend to get better with age too. There was always a good defender in there somewhere. He now has concentration and maturity and we're seeing the benefits. Having competent teammates helps too.
  • Like 2

Has to be the biggest surprise so far this season, bar maybe bacuna. Delph was doing good last season but clark seems much better. What happened?

He cut out the clangers. That's the main thing. Defenders tend to get better with age too. There was always a good defender in there somewhere. He now has concentration and maturity and we're seeing the benefits. Having competent teammates helps too.

He's a good utility player as well. I think he could do a good job as a holding midfield player. 

I loved the moment in the build up to Kozak's goal where the ball came out to Clark on the edge of the area, the whole of the Holte went "Shooooooot"... Clark took a touch, had some composure and just slotted it out to Tonev who then crossed it in. So many players would have just wacked that. The lad is maturing. 

Edited by PieFacE

I loved the moment in the build up to Kozak's goal where the ball came out to Clark on the edge of the area, the whole of the Holte went "Shooooooot"... Clark took a touch, had some composure and just slotted it out to Tonev who then crossed it in. So many players would have just wacked that. The lad is maturing. 

Yeah at the time I was thinking please don't shoot!!!

He's been excellent this season.

He wasn't against Everton...just saying.

He's improved a lot this season, but still struggles against the big men.

So he's played how many games and had one game where he wasn't perfect but still wasn't that bad? Sounds really good to me.

Yeah at the time I was thinking please don't shoot!!!

And I was thinking: SHOOT man SHOOT already! :)

Edited by AVTuco

Â