Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sven interviewed

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has been interviewed for the vacant post at Aston Villa, as the club continue to search for a replacement for Martin O'Neill.

Soccernet can confirm that a meeting with Eriksson, who was also under consideration by Fulham before the appointment of Mark Hughes, took place in London this week, although Athole Still, the Swede's representative, refused to confirm or deny the negotiations, saying: "I am unable to discuss whether or not Sven has met with Villa."

Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner has conducted a 'beauty parade' of potential candidates over the past few days, with Alan Curbishley, Ronald Koeman, Gianfranco Zola and Gerard Houllier also on the shortlist, but it appears that Eriksson is the top target.

Eriksson managed the Ivory Coast during the World Cup but turned down a more prolonged role with their national side and now craves another crack at the Premier League after an unconvincing spell with Manchester City in 2007-08.

The bit in bold suggests that we have indeed interviewed him. If we hadn't his people would simply deny it.

I've been out and bought a gun, in preparation for the announcement of the new manager. I've not decided whether I will use it on myself or the newly appointed yet, we'll wait and see on that one.

Haha, quite the optimist there?

Made I chuckle.

The VERY VERY VERY good news is I've just read Sky and Phil Brown and a certain Mr Curbishley are the top targets for..........................

Southampton !

Yes guys, thats the type of club they attract !

Sven - I'd take him all day long.

He's good, you dont do what he has done when you are not.

and, more importantly in this case.

I think he is hungry ! - I dont think this is about money, I think this is about proving Man City wrong !

Jol>Hitzfeld>McLaren>Moyes>McLeish>Klinsmann>MacDonald>Sven> Hughes>Bilic>Curbishley>Allardyce>Lambert>Brown>Koeman>Zola>Houllier>Southgate

Thats quite quite harsh on Houllier? > Zola & Brown?

I'd have to respectfully disagree there.

I've been out and bought a gun, in preparation for the announcement of the new manager. I've not decided whether I will use it on myself or the newly appointed yet, we'll wait and see on that one.

If it's Curbishley, yourself, you;ll have nothign to live for football wise. Even if you shot him you'd still know that your club wanted to sign Alan Curbishley as manager.

Sven, him, but only in the thigh to give him a warning to behave.

Koeman, him, in the head, to stop him **** it all up the moment he walks in.

Zola, above his head (not hard to do) to warn him off.

Houllier, anywhere near him, he'll have the second heart attack he needs to retire.

MacDonald, yourself probably as well, a swift Beretta blowjob.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head but I suspect whatever firearm you've gone for, you may need it.

I took it out of context

Sorry, but I remember it - no I bleeding didn't !

He slagged off the Villa in the same way as the snivvling little git in my sig did.

You cant help it if you weren't born.

But please dont tell me I imagined it !

The guy took the pee out of us in the mid 80's, fecked off for money and slagged us off !.

And that is how it was !

Edit on above

He fecking probably would - he is a coach at chesterfield so he would probably apply.

He's a nobody, who is a "Wigan or Blackburn" type manager, who said openly he hated the club.

And you want him ?

no one said they wanted him. You just completely lost your rag and said you wouldnt support the villa if he got appointed

Sven interviewed

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has been interviewed for the vacant post at Aston Villa, as the club continue to search for a replacement for Martin O'Neill.

Soccernet can confirm that a meeting with Eriksson, who was also under consideration by Fulham before the appointment of Mark Hughes, took place in London this week, although Athole Still, the Swede's representative, refused to confirm or deny the negotiations, saying: "I am unable to discuss whether or not Sven has met with Villa."

Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner has conducted a 'beauty parade' of potential candidates over the past few days, with Alan Curbishley, Ronald Koeman, Gianfranco Zola and Gerard Houllier also on the shortlist, but it appears that Eriksson is the top target.

Eriksson managed the Ivory Coast during the World Cup but turned down a more prolonged role with their national side and now craves another crack at the Premier League after an unconvincing spell with Manchester City in 2007-08.

The bit in bold suggests that we have indeed interviewed him. If we hadn't his people would simply deny it.

Made I chuckle.

The list of candidates for the job (being reported in the press, I hasten to add) are about as uninspiring as they could be. I couldn't think of a less exciting list of candidates if I tried.

I feel dirty, but I miss MON already. My immediate reaction when he walked out was that we'd struggle to replace him, and I stand by that now.

Sven interviewed

Made I chuckle.

The list of candidates for the job (being reported in the press, I hasten to add) are about as uninspiring as they could be. I couldn't think of a less exciting list of candidates if I tried.

I feel dirty, but I miss MON already. My immediate reaction when he walked out was that we'd struggle to replace him, and I stand by that now.

Bet I could think of a worse list.

Paul hart

Iain Dowie

If it's Curbishley, yourself, you;ll have nothign to live for football wise. Even if you shot him you'd still know that your club wanted to sign Alan Curbishley as manager.

Sven, him, but only in the thigh to give him a warning to behave.

Koeman, him, in the head, to stop him **** it all up the moment he walks in.

Zola, above his head (not hard to do) to warn him off.

Houllier, anywhere near him, he'll have the second heart attack he needs to retire.

MacDonald, yourself probably as well, a swift Beretta blowjob.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head but I suspect whatever firearm you've gone for, you may need it.

Thanks for the advice Chindie, ever the voice of reason.

The VERY VERY VERY good news is I've just read Sky and Phil Brown and a certain Mr Curbishley are the top targets for..........................

Southampton !

Yes guys, thats the type of club they attract !

Sven - I'd take him all day long.

He's good, you dont do what he has done when you are not.

and, more importantly in this case.

I think he is hungry ! - I dont think this is about money, I think this is about proving Man City wrong !

...I'm sure a big bag of cash and a few sexy secretaries would help clinch a deal to though ;)

Although I thought it was terrible news when Sven showed interest in the job, I recon I could warm to him... in time.