Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's good, you dont do what he has done when you are not.

He was very good; but the question is whether it was in the past? He may have the desire to prove a point to the whole of England, but then we have to ask has he got the commitment to back it up?

Would he employ KM as the first team coach or will we get Tord Grip or some other Swede? And how good will they be?

The VERY VERY VERY good news is I've just read Sky and Phil Brown and a certain Mr Curbishley are the top targets for..........................

Southampton !

Yes guys, thats the type of club they attract !

Sven - I'd take him all day long.

and, more importantly in this case.

I think he is hungry ! - I dont think this is about money, I think this is about proving Man City wrong !

Agreed. If Jol and Moyes are unavailable I'd see Svennis as a good appointment.

Just because the press say we're considering certain people doesn't mean we're not considering other top quality managers.

Aye, but being melodramatic helps pass the time, this manager business is utterly boring now.

I haven't really bought a gun.

(or have I?)

Jol is a no go, as is Moyes IMO.

So that leaves Curbishly, Houllier, MacDonald and Sven as the main candidates does it not?

Houllier and Sven i think would do decent enough jobs and i would happily take them into the club as manager.

Curbishly and MacDonald i would still be ok with.

I just dont want the pressure piled on MacDonald (as it will) then he gets bombed out of the club after 15 years service and we lose a very good member of the coaching staff.

Just because the press say we're considering certain people doesn't mean we're not considering other top quality managers.

Aye, but being melodramatic helps pass the time, this manager business is utterly boring now.

I haven't really bought a gun.

(or have I?)

With Villa in the state they are in at the moment, it'd be a sound investment.

That or some rope. The rope's easier and cheaper but limits your options.

It makes it very difficult to prevent Alan Curbishley ruining the legacy of Villa after you are gone for instance.

...cheery times. :|

He was very good; but the question is whether it was in the past? He may have the desire to prove a point to the whole of England, but then we have to ask has he got the commitment to back it up?

Would he employ KM as the first team coach or will we get Tord Grip or some other Swede? And how good will they be?

Grip will be here as well, I can guarantee it. In what capacity I don't know though. He was a scout for Manchester City.

Having been seen as a relative outsider at the start of the week, Alan Curbishsley now finds himself at the top of a shortlist that the odds suggest includes just Gerard Houllier and Kevin MacDonald. The gamble we have seen over the last 24 hours seems to suggest that an announcement is imminent," said Hill’s spokesman Joe Crilly.

Having been seen as a relative outsider at the start of the week, Alan Curbishsley now finds himself at the top of a shortlist that the odds suggest includes just Gerard Houllier and Kevin MacDonald. The gamble we have seen over the last 24 hours seems to suggest that an announcement is imminent," said Hill’s spokesman Joe Crilly.

Pathetic if it is Curbishley. Absolutely pathetic.