Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest to god, if it is Curbishley, I'll be finished with the Villa and my ST will go back.

You think of any candidate, and there are pros and cons.

The likes of Moyes, Jol etc. - obviously more pros

The Koemans, Svens - about as many pros than cons

Even the likes of Phil Brown, Dave Jones and McDonaald - mainly cons, but I can think of some pros

Curbishley - sorry - there are NO pro's

Oh, sorry - I've thought of three

1. He is cheap

2. He is a yes man

3. He won't want money.

Seriously, him and that is it !

youve shown ur true colours there mate.

Whooooooooooooah there matey boy.

Season ticket holder since 1983

Have you ? if so you may remember the next quote

"Joining Villa was the biggest mistake of my career"

by

A Mr A. Curbishley

True colours - what a f...ing cheek !

I was there when we got relegated against Norwich (or was it Wednesday the week after - cant remember now) , I was standing at Swindon when we nearly had another Hillsborough (well first as it hadnt happened yet) , I was with us when Jo venglos couldn't understand us, I have been there through a fecking lot of thin.

maybe, I've just had enough of spending £850 on ST's, £40 per fortnight on petrol, £20 per fortnight on food / drink, around £200 on cup tickets (plus the fuel) , plus around £600 a yera on away trips and the rest !

Put it this way , when you went 25yrs without missing a home game, 9 years without missing a domestic away game, and 4 yrs without missing a Euro away game.

THEN FECKING SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS

Twonk

That's hilarious. I hope we appoint Curbishley just to see your reaction.

It could be worse.... they could appoint Steve Hodge :lol:

Oh **** hell mate 1983, 27 years ago. Get a grip, if youve been a fan that long seen the highs and lows then you will know you should support the villa no matter what. So you send your season ticket back sunshine and if we somehow achieve some success in the next 5 years we have the right to tell you your not welcome back either

:nod:

Well said that man

I took it out of context

Sorry, but I remember it - no I bleeding didn't !

He slagged off the Villa in the same way as the snivvling little git in my sig did.

You cant help it if you weren't born.

But please dont tell me I imagined it !

The guy took the pee out of us in the mid 80's, fecked off for money and slagged us off !.

And that is how it was !

Edit on above

He fecking probably would - he is a coach at chesterfield so he would probably apply.

He's a nobody, who is a "Wigan or Blackburn" type manager, who said openly he hated the club.

And you want him ?

Honest to god, if it is Curbishley, I'll be finished with the Villa and my ST will go back.

You think of any candidate, and there are pros and cons.

The likes of Moyes, Jol etc. - obviously more pros

The Koemans, Svens - about as many pros than cons

Even the likes of Phil Brown, Dave Jones and McDonaald - mainly cons, but I can think of some pros

Curbishley - sorry - there are NO pro's

Oh, sorry - I've thought of three

1. He is cheap

2. He is a yes man

3. He won't want money.

Seriously, him and that is it !

youve shown ur true colours there mate.

Whooooooooooooah there matey boy.

Season ticket holder since 1983

Have you ? if so you may remember the next quote

"Joining Villa was the biggest mistake of my career"

by

A Mr A. Curbishley

True colours - what a f...ing cheek !

I was there when we got relegated against Norwich (or was it Wednesday the week after - cant remember now) , I was standing at Swindon when we nearly had another Hillsborough (well first as it hadnt happened yet) , I was with us when Jo venglos couldn't understand us, I have been there through a fecking lot of thin.

maybe, I've just had enough of spending £850 on ST's, £40 per fortnight on petrol, £20 per fortnight on food / drink, around £200 on cup tickets (plus the fuel) , plus around £600 a yera on away trips and the rest !

Put it this way , when you went 25yrs without missing a home game, 9 years without missing a domestic away game, and 4 yrs without missing a Euro away game.

THEN FECKING SHOW YOUR TRUE COLOURS

Twonk

That's hilarious. I hope we appoint Curbishley just to see your reaction.

It could be worse.... they could appoint Steve Hodge :lol:

Curbishley with Steve Hodge appointed to replace the general as fan liaison.

[edited]

Curbishley is only taking this job because nobody else wants him. Why should we have a second rate?

How do you know this?

Not working now doesn't mean that nobody else wants him, unless you know him personally and he has told you this?

Either you want our club to be run properly or you want it to be run like City and Cook would be, screwing over everyone in sight

I want the club to be run successfully and attracting the best talent (as that is what normally leads to winning things ) that we can regardless of where that person is.

It is a little bit like saying we should only buy players from a certain place and who are available isn't it?

When we buy players who are under contract, we make a bid to the club who they are contracted to and one of two things happen. Either we are told no, or are granted permission to discuss a move with the player. If all goes well, the player signs for us.

The same scenario exists with a manager who is contracted to another club. Let's use Moyes for an example. We approach Kenwright, make a bid for release of him from his contract and hopefully discuss the role directly with David Moyes. Or Kenwright says no, then we move on.

Yes, I want the best players and best manager available but I do not want to circumvent the usual process and get a manager to walk out on his contract in order to come to us. If we're looking for a manager to stay with us for the long-term and attempt to build a dynasty, having a manager who is willing to walk out at the first sign of a better offer elsewhere is not a good way to start.

Thats all well and good but the managers available to us who are not under contract are to say the least lacklustre. If we want to get a high class manager we may very well have to nick him from another club - do you think the club would be averse to do doing this?

Sven interviewed

Former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson has been interviewed for the vacant post at Aston Villa, as the club continue to search for a replacement for Martin O'Neill.

Soccernet can confirm that a meeting with Eriksson, who was also under consideration by Fulham before the appointment of Mark Hughes, took place in London this week, although Athole Still, the Swede's representative, refused to confirm or deny the negotiations, saying: "I am unable to discuss whether or not Sven has met with Villa."

Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner has conducted a 'beauty parade' of potential candidates over the past few days, with Alan Curbishley, Ronald Koeman, Gianfranco Zola and Gerard Houllier also on the shortlist, but it appears that Eriksson is the top target.

Eriksson managed the Ivory Coast during the World Cup but turned down a more prolonged role with their national side and now craves another crack at the Premier League after an unconvincing spell with Manchester City in 2007-08.

The bit in bold suggests that we have indeed interviewed him. If we hadn't his people would simply deny it.

I've been out and bought a gun, in preparation for the announcement of the new manager. I've not decided whether I will use it on myself or the newly appointed yet, we'll wait and see on that one.

I took it out of context

He slagged off the Villa in the same way as the snivvling little git in my sig did.

The guy took the pee out of us in the mid 80's, fecked off for money and slagged us off !.

And that is how it was !

Edit on above

He fecking probably would - he is a coach at chesterfield so he would probably apply.

He's a nobody, who is a "Wigan or Blackburn" type manager, who said openly he hated the club.

And you want him ?

And wasn't the reason that he signed for Tony Barton but like a few others got pissed off when Doug took back over and then appointed Graham bloody Turner! HE DID NOT SAY HE HATED THE CLUB IT WAS THE MANAGER!

I took it out of context

And that is how it was !

If there's one thing I hate about us football fans more than anything, it's the ridiculous ability to hold grudges for so long. Maybe joining Villa was a mistake for him personally, either way that was so many moons ago, plus that was as a player. This would be in a completely different role, as manager. I'm not saying he's my first choice, but the fact you're even contemplating not supporting Villa if he gets appointed before he's even managed one game shows that you're either a terrible fan, or vastly over-dramatic.

Curbishley is only taking this job because nobody else wants him. Why should we have a second rate?

How do you know this?

Not working now doesn't mean that nobody else wants him, unless you know him personally and he has told you this?

I'm not certain on this but I'm sure that I've heard him saying for over a year that he wants to get back into football