Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Or Houllier?

I hadn't even considered him. I'd take him like a shot. He's a winner. He actually wins things and is available. He is infinitely preferable to the guaranteed mediocrity we would be under Curbishley for example.

There was a suggestion over the weekend re Houllier, but no quotes - the infamous 'sources close to suggest ' line. http://tinyurl.com/323nfdr

He would be a popular choice with most supporters as Villa attempt to maintain the momentum of last season’s sixth placed finish.

Houllier has indicated to sources in France that he would listen to any offer and is now waiting for Villa to make contact with him.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's any comfort at all, I haven't inferred from his latest comments that Kevin is any more likely than he was a few days ago. But his "I will be off the site tomorrow and the next day...business" comment I choose to take as meaning they will be hiring. Why tell people you won't be around for 2 days? Seems a little unnecessary dontcha think :D

Maradonna wrote a few pages back

KMac has got it wrong twice, I wouldn't say in 4 years MON was wrong tactically, i think sometimes were forgetting how good MON was, put it this way, it will be a long time we will see victories at Anfield, OT and Arsenal or have you forgotten, name me a previous manager at Villa who has achieved that.

I give you that may well be true but KM was' up until 5 days before the season started, sorting out the kiddie club 11 not the Prima Donna squad.

All this talk about players neededing a pre-season is not it the same for the manager?

He may well have had ideas and experimented a bit but has he learnt from that? We don't know yet. But FFS such a sudden change in job role after 14 years needs some getting used to. The whole 1st team managerial team fecked of with the leprechaun needing all sorts of changes and rearrangements to plans etc.

Quite properly KM has needed time to decide whether it is the right job for him and whether he's the right man for the club. You can't suddenly turn the office boy into a sales manager overnight.

I am not for one minute saying he is the best man for the job, he probably isn't, but give the guy a chance will you. He's done better so far than Avran Grant, Woy Hodgson, Mancini, Hughes and a fair few others!

I'd take Bosko Balaban back if it meant we won silverware.

Balaban scored one in every two games since he left us

He has, but he has yet to appear in a top league since. He basically found his level as a very good 2nd tier striker.

But his "I will be off the site tomorrow and the next day...business" comment I choose to take as meaning they will be hiring. Why tell people you won't be around for 2 days? Seems a little unnecessary dontcha think

Yes I thought that was suspect as well.

I read his comments Richard and think you're wide of the mark.

Agreed.

As the club is supported mainly by whinging Brummies, Krulak obviously knows that some people won't be happy whoever the new manager is.

If we get Jol, people will moan.

If we get Moyes, people will moan.

If we give the job to KM, people will moan.

People will moan no matter who the new man is.

who cares sit and wait and stop bricking yourself who it is there's so many paranoid fans out there , we've got no say in the matter so lie back and just see, these posts are on every forum going at the min were a laughing stock with so many numpties posting so much drivel its embarrassing at times :(

I'd take Bosko Balaban back if it meant we won silverware.

Balaban scored one in every two games since he left us

He has, but he has yet to appear in a top league since. He basically found his level as a very good 2nd tier striker.

Agreed - I wasn't seriously suggesting that we resign him LOL

The only problem I have with General K saying that is we all know he and the board members love their Blackberries so that is not really a good reason. Having said that we are lucky we have the communication we do.

Lastly, saw nothing in his quote that indicated KM or anyone else was the choice. If he was he would have been appointed by now. But if the right person is not currently available wouldn't it be better for him to serve as caretaker for 6 months or so rather than have someone just for the sake of it?

who cares sit and wait and stop bricking yourself who it is there's so many paranoid fans out there , we've got no say in the matter so lie back and just see, these posts are on every forum going at the min were a laughing stock with so many numpties posting so much drivel its embarrassing at times :(

So you're reading and posting on the site why??

I read his comments Richard and think you're wide of the mark.

Agreed.

As the club is supported mainly by whinging Brummies, Krulak obviously knows that some people won't be happy whoever the new manager is.

If we get Jol, people will moan.

If we get Moyes, people will moan.

If we give the job to KM, people will moan.

People will moan no matter who the new man is.

Of course people will moan no matter who it is. I just suspect a far higher percentage would moan if KM was given the position.

Why tell people you won't be around for 2 days? Seems a little unnecessary dontcha think :D

Done it before Bri, last week infact i think it was.

It stops people who are unhappy with something loading their hate guns with ammunition in the form of claims that the General is ducking questions/criticism.

If KM is appointed then **** that bullshit right there. Looks like those people were right about KM being appointed after the transfer window. Load of bollocks.

About as right your spouting Hollywood Brad for 2 weeks just because the bookies had him as favourite and what did i say? ;)

Have faith Reality!