Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Bob Bradley seems an extremely desperate man sending his representatives to Villa to assess the situation.....

i have an image of him in Alan Partridge's place shouting "Dan!" repeatedly

"Randy! Randy! Randy!"

Nobody cares Bob.......hopefully

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happens if jol resigns ? no compensation. Im sure jol could sell us as a club maybe as a stepping stone but we need to show some balls for once. Spurs did when they signed berbatov .Europa league footie for ajax- who are broke or europa league footie for villa, who just need to shed the shit from the wage bill. to me its a no brainer. Come on randy.

I said time will tell for KM and he has had one very good result, one good reult and one extremely shit result. Personally I don't think he is the right man for the job and I don't think he does either. If he was desperate for the job, he would have made it known by now. I think he is happy to look after us for the time being but wants to go back to his reserve team role.

pay for the 8m randy for jol after todays shocking result

if its mac villa aprk will be empty for the next few seasons. i wont tolerate shitness like today

Comments like this aren't needed.

I think we should be grateful to Kevin and the staff remaining. They are taking on heavy work schedules so we can take our time looking for a new manager. Half the staff left with O'Neill so we're very short staffed, we pretty much have a couple of coaches while Friedel is a temporary goalkeeping coach. I'm not sure we have a fitness coach right now.

McDonald did not expect this, he's done a fantastic job for years in the reserves and has been thrown in the deep end. He's had to take training for both the senior players and youth with McAndrew and then after deal with constant press conferences, the trip to Vienna whilst scouting opposition. Yeah he **** up today, but he doesn't deserve some of the cheap comments I have seen. We've had injuries to deal with and the players out there deserve a few words if anything. We started the first half well but we conceded and their heads all dropped. It was a pathetic roll over, and barely any of them showed any passion to turn it around, I would have been very disappointed if I went today.

I don't actually blame Randy for MON walking out. I think his error is that he thought finding a replacement would be easier (for those old enough - this is like when Ellis sacked barton - then pouched the Shrewsbury town manager - for those not old enough - this is true)

RL has to get someone who looks ungettable (Moyes, Jol, Hughes) - however todays results chages alot - and if I were a betting man - I would be taking a fresh look at Alan Curbishley (bit boring but can hold the fort) or Klinsman - we may already be down this road.

Hate to say it but i was told Southgate is in the frame -God forbid!
Bradley or Southgate is hardly quality choices is it

True Trickie.

But A Manager > No Manager?

rock and a hard place?

Southgate needs to learn his trade in the lower leagues tbh. We need someone experienced in the game who can hit the ground running.
Martin Jol or Mark Hughes.

IMO there is no way will get either IF Randy Lerner was not prepared to give MON all the Milner money there is no way he will buy out contracts that could costs reputedly £10 mill

Hate to say it but we are not going to get a "name" imo

Proud past uncertain future!

Exactly, I stated above that the next few weeks is going to decide our ambition as a club.
The next few weeks? I think the last few have already done that!

Hate to say it but i was told Southgate is in the frame -God forbid!
Bradley or Southgate is hardly quality choices is it

Do you think MON has left us in a bit of a hole, Rich?

Bob Bradley seems like a good manager IMO. Worked his way up the coaching ranks, won Gold cup with USA, Confederation Cup final beating Spain 2-0 and being 2-0 up against Brazil in the final. Done this with a team that on paper looks like a sack of shite.

However I'd of wanted him to at least of managed a stepping stone sort of club in Europe before managing us. Right now, he is just too much of a risk.

]Exactly, I stated above that the next few weeks is going to decide our ambition as a club.
The next few weeks? I think the last few have already done that!

I think you may well have been proved correct on that, Trickie!

Must admit, I said we had to take each game at a time in regards to KM......but I'm at a loss to justify it after watching that debacle today! We need someone in fast to sort it out before the rot sets in.

Basically, we need Martin Jol and Randy should be pulling out all the stops to get him. I don't care what it costs either.