Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a little rumour yesterday that whilst Randy was on his 'family holiday via Milan' he happened to meet an old German friend.

Randy's German friend's price to become Villa manager has been cut quite a bit in the last few days................. 2+2=5?????

I heard a little rumour yesterday that whilst Randy was on his 'family holiday via Milan' he happened to meet an old German friend.

Randy's German friend's price to become Villa manager has been cut quite a bit in the last few days................. 2+2=5?????

Thing is, any new manager will want to quickly assess the squad before bring someone in. Not long left in the window, so we need to act quickly and decisively.

Has anyone else thought, that part of the reason we seem to be giving everyone a chance, is to allow our yet unamed manager, a chance to do that assessing?

FWIW I think the appointment is close, dunno if anyone else has bought it up - but it must be or else Curtis Davies wouldnt have played last night !!! I cant see the chairman giving a "caretaker" the power to make a decision on giving CD his 60th game, therefore a bumper new contract and payrise............ so the conspiricy theorist in me says its either KM's job already, or theyre deep in conflab with the guy who's taking the job.........

FWIW I think the appointment is close, dunno if anyone else has bought it up - but it must be or else Curtis Davies wouldnt have played last night !!! I cant see the chairman giving a "caretaker" the power to make a decision on giving CD his 60th game, therefore a bumper new contract and payrise............ so the conspiricy theorist in me says its either KM's job already, or theyre deep in conflab with the guy who's taking the job.........
He'll get a new contract when he plays one more league game apparently, not cup.

Alot of us have heard rumours and he was apparently at West Ham game....but I also think Lerner would love to give KM head coach job & I wondered whether he would consider a DOF position.

As someone else pointed out to me the other day..the German you are talking about has been extremely instrumental in developing the youth for their national side and a big reason why the young German squad did so well in the WC this summer.

Edit Add: So I was just putting 2+2 together & making 5...that this is also perhaps a reason why we've been giving the youngsters debuts and such a chance to shine in the last week.