Barry Bannan

villianusa

Why are you guessing the stats?

I haven't guessed any stats, just pointed in the direction of some stats that might offer an alternative view to the ones you are posting.

I'm not much interested in stats especially ones which are being used to try and change my view on a player formed from watching him play.

Stats can be made to show anything, the ones you are using personally I think are nonsense.

That's 94% of our points. If Bannan had played 100% of the available time in one midfield spot instead of 54%, one has to ask... how many more points would we have?

Probably no more because he creates nothing.

As was discussed earlier with avfc1982am, quoting statistics in isolation of other statistics doesn't tell us anything.

Kind of blows your own argument that.

I genuinely don't know why people think Bannan is shit. He's not - nowhere near it.

And I genuinely don't know why people think he is good. He's not - nowhere near it.

Linked with mcduff at forest in todays paper...

The Mirror :rolleyes: We would demand "at least £7m". They then go on to destroy what little credibility they have by linking Dunne to Forest providing he can prove his fitness in January despite having an operation last week.

I genuinely don't know why people think Bannan is shit. He's not - nowhere near it.

If he wasn't a Villa player you'd soon realise that he's very poor. Time to take off the claret and blue glasses and look at our players objectively.

Bannan is one of our best players, certainly our best center midfielder. He only gets stick because he's a scapegoat. Some people calling him 'awful' this season, really? He really isn't. Very good range of passing and has immensely improved defensively. Is a must starter for me....letting him go will be a big mistake. Is it a coincidence that whenever he's substituted our attacking creativity decreases dramatically?

Edited by Cambridge-AVFC

Was watching the Everton game and yesterday and saw someone familiar..

Hitzlsperger does more than Bannan, is more experienced is Bannan and also provides a bit of a goal threat compared to Bannan.

Oh and he was also available on a free.

I'd rather have a Hitzlsperger in the team over Bannan.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

I'm a little unsure about Bannan at the moment, tbh. I get tired of watching him playing, because though he has ability, his decision making is pretty dreadful.

One thing I can say is - I HATE HIS CORNERS. Those bloody floated crosses that can be judged from a mile away by opposition defenders. I would rather have Westwood or Bennett on corner duty.

Bannan just isnt good enough on a consistant enough basis, its ok making half a dozen 30 yard cross field passes that look great on motd, but be offers nothing else, his tagged as one of our kids when reality is his nearly 24, been in the first team for 3 years now and has only fleetingly looked like he could be a good player. Mayby this link with forrest will kick him up the arse and make lambert think twice about getting rid (nursey said on twitter this move could happen).

Bannan is one of our best players, certainly our best center midfielder. He only gets stick because he's a scapegoat. Some people calling him 'awful' this season, really? He really isn't. Very good range of passing and has immensely improved defensively. Is a must starter for me....letting him go will be a big mistake. Is it a coincidence that whenever he's substituted our attacking creativity decreases dramatically?

I literally disagree with every single word.