Barry Bannan

villianusa

This move is the kind of kick up the arse the guy's career needs. A fresh start for him and he'll really need to prove himself now.

I'm not surprised we've practically had to give him away though.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Rovers13 - You are becoming delusional. It's called post Bannan shock.

The best thing you can do now is impersonate Con & start your own Bannan thread on the BRFC message boards. Who knows? They might believe you. Perhaps you can put in a bid with Con for the hoof charts, .gifs & heat maps.

One thing Bannan guarantees is to get bums off seats.

The only problem is they head straight for the exit doors never to return.

Sorry, but I really don't know what Blackburn have done to deserve this.

Hopefully Venky's will soon start giving bantams away for nowt starting with Bannan once they've witnessed his first training session at first hand & realise the error of their ways.

Once Bannan is signed Steve Kean will never be more popular.

Good Luck Rovers13.........you'll need it. :)

Whats your problem with Bannan, except that you don't like himla as a footballer? Has he stolen/fu**ed your girlfriend? Because the whole Barry thing seems very personal to you.

I agree with other posters that the kind of abuse he gets here is almost childish and I don't think he deserves it, even though I agree with that the best thing for him (and Villa) is for him to move on and get his career going.

Edited by Eric
  • Like 2

Well he's played well in the Championship before, I'm sure he can do so again. While I agree with the Rovers fan that it is more physical, you also get more time on the ball which is exactly what he needs to actually create something.

Any more info on the fee? 750k is about what I expected but some of the seven figure sums bandied about got my hopes up.

Rovers13 - You are becoming delusional. It's called post Bannan shock.

The best thing you can do now is impersonate Con & start your own Bannan thread on the BRFC message boards. Who knows? They might believe you. Perhaps you can put in a bid with Con for the hoof charts, .gifs & heat maps. 

One thing Bannan guarantees is to get bums off seats.

The only problem is they head straight for the exit doors never to return.

Sorry, but I really don't know what Blackburn have done to deserve this.

Hopefully Venky's will soon start giving bantams away for nowt starting with Bannan once they've witnessed his first training session at first hand & realise the error of their ways.

Once Bannan is signed Steve Kean will never be more popular.

Good Luck Rovers13.........you'll need it. :)

Whats your problem with Bannan, except that you don't like himla as a footballer? Has he stolen your /fu**ed your girlfriend? Because the whole Barry thing seems very personal to you.

I agree with other posters that the kind of abuse he gets here is almost childish and I don't think he deserves it, even though I agree with that the best thing for him (and Villa) is for him to move on and get his career going.

This, they are all over acting like clearings in the woods, the boy is not as terrible as they are making out, I think he'll do ok, and even more so because of the unnecessary abuse i'm almost willing him to do well and get back to the Premiership. Some football fans act like proper apes. 

• Like 1

Curious to know how well he's going to do at a Championship side

He's the new Whittingham.

oh no. so in 4 years their will be a thread that we are waiting for him to sign any second now

Honestly I hope he does well, there is a decent player in there somewhere. He's not good enough for a top 10 prem team and never will be, but he will do a job if he can get his head right.

Good move for him, he didn't quite grab his chance here and he got enough games to do so. Championship is a bit more physical so he'll need some players around him to do that work for him but he could yet turn into a good player. technique is there, just needs to work harder and concentrate on doing the simple stuff well and only go for the hollywood stuff when it's definitely on.

Good luck to him.

Bye bye Barry. Looked hopeful under Houllier, alas not ready for this level. I think he'll actually be a good player in the Championship, and Rovers might have an okay purchase.

Hopefully he won't get to matey with Damien Dunn...could be some messy pies and pint nights ;)