Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Journo on Talk Sport this morning (yes I know!) - he was very clear at the press conference before the Euro qualifier that he wanted to join Liverpool. I just wish he'd hurry up and go now. I hope Liverpool crash and burn this season - I'm so sick of hearing about them, King Kenny this, King Kenny that :evil:

He said he wants play in CL and get trophies. Nothing about Liverpool and want out this summer.

He is staying

Incorrect. The journalist on TalkSport this morning INSISTED that Downing has his heart set on Liverpool. Doesnt want to go to Arsenal. So its nothing to do with CL football (at least not in the short term anyway)

Hes going to leave. I guarantee it.

Incorrect. The journalist on TalkSport this morning INSISTED that Downing has his heart set on Liverpool. Doesnt want to go to Arsenal. So its nothing to do with CL football (at least not in the short term anyway)

well it doesn't matter because as he has intimated he wants to leave he is automatically crap now anyways!!

who can show me where Downing said He want out to Liverpool. Did he request to put him to transfer list?

DJ is staying, I believe

Dug out some quotes from Stewart Downing.

From this:

Yes, I am happy here. There is speculation that players are going to clubs all the time but I am happy here. Since the first day I came here I have enjoyed every minute

A lot of faith went into me when Martin paid a lot of money for me when I was injured

On a personal note I want to do well because the club put a lot of faith in me

It's a family club. You feel very welcome and there's a great environment. I love the fact the team has great ambition for the future

I'm looking forward to next season already. We're looking to really progress

I am thoroughly enjoying my time at Villa. Even though it's been a frustrating season, I see the bigger picture and the ambition of the club

It’s part and parcel of being a player and doing well. Ever since I was young I’ve read stories saying ‘you’re going here, you’re going there.' Obviously if you have a good season you get linked, but I’m happy here

There are terrific players here. I’m confident, despite this season, that we’re going in the right direction and, if we get the right players in, then I’m happy

The important thing in football is if you’re happy, then why change it. I know it’s been a disappointing season but I can see the bigger picture

To this

My agent had a recent meeting with our chief executive. However, I am 26, and at a major crossroads in my career, so I won't be committing to a new deal at the moment

I want to keep playing and enjoying my football. When I was injured that made me realise what it can be like to be out for such a long time. It hurt. The most important thing is to play football, but I do want to play in the Champions League at some point

With England as well, all the top players play in good teams. I'm no different

You just want the best for your career. You want to finish with medals at the end of it so, if it's a step up with Villa or with someone else, then I'm ready for it

You watch teams in the Champions League and it makes you wish you were there. You sit at home and watch it, hear the music come on, you see the teams and you think 'that's where you want to be.

It's the pinnacle. It's the best. It's the best standard with the best players. It would be nice to taste that one day

My agent had a meeting with the club - just one meeting - and he just felt it was the right time not to sign my contract

Will I be at Villa next season? I'm not sure

You hope they do (understand) but normal fans will want you to stay at their club for the rest of your life. If you do leave there's obviously a bit of bitterness there

You hope they do understand because, it's like any job, if there's a better job on hand, or a better level to do it, then people do it

It's up to their fans and their opinions of me. If they want to be loud and clear with what they think of me, then that's fine

:|

According to the Journo on Talk Sport this morning (yes I know!) - he was very clear at the press conference before the Euro qualifier that he wanted to join Liverpool. I just wish he'd hurry up and go now. I hope Liverpool crash and burn this season - I'm so sick of hearing about them, King Kenny this, King Kenny that :evil:

He said he wants play in CL and get trophies. Nothing about Liverpool and want out this summer.

He is staying

exactly. Journo insisted. they are sh*t. DJ didn't confirm it.

I guarantee, he's staying 8)

who can show me where Downing said He want out to Liverpool. Did he request to put him to transfer list?

DJ is staying, I believe

From this:

Yes, I am happy here. There is speculation that players are going to clubs all the time but I am happy here. Since the first day I came here I have enjoyed every minute

A lot of faith went into me when Martin paid a lot of money for me when I was injured

On a personal note I want to do well because the club put a lot of faith in me

It's a family club. You feel very welcome and there's a great environment. I love the fact the team has great ambition for the future

I'm looking forward to next season already. We're looking to really progress

I am thoroughly enjoying my time at Villa. Even though it's been a frustrating season, I see the bigger picture and the ambition of the club

It’s part and parcel of being a player and doing well. Ever since I was young I’ve read stories saying ‘you’re going here, you’re going there.' Obviously if you have a good season you get linked, but I’m happy here

There are terrific players here. I’m confident, despite this season, that we’re going in the right direction and, if we get the right players in, then I’m happy

The important thing in football is if you’re happy, then why change it. I know it’s been a disappointing season but I can see the bigger picture

To this

My agent had a recent meeting with our chief executive. However, I am 26, and at a major crossroads in my career, so I won't be committing to a new deal at the moment

I want to keep playing and enjoying my football. When I was injured that made me realise what it can be like to be out for such a long time. It hurt. The most important thing is to play football, but I do want to play in the Champions League at some point

You just want the best for your career. You want to finish with medals at the end of it so, if it's a step up with Villa or with someone else, then I'm ready for it

You watch teams in the Champions League and it makes you wish you were there. You sit at home and watch it, hear the music come on, you see the teams and you think 'that's where you want to be.

It's the pinnacle. It's the best. It's the best standard with the best players. It would be nice to taste that one day

My agent had a meeting with the club - just one meeting - and he just felt it was the right time not to sign my contract

You hope they do (understand) but normal fans will want you to stay at their club for the rest of your life. If you do leave there's obviously a bit of bitterness there

You hope they do understand because, it's like any job, if there's a better job on hand, or a better level to do it, then people do it

It's up to their fans and their opinions of me. If they want to be loud and clear with what they think of me, then that's fine

Honestly, he makes me want to punch him.

You know what. Bollocks to him. Don't sell him. Either

a) Set Delph on him and break the other **** foot.

B) Leave him to rot in the Academy for two years and see how many CL clubs want to sign the little prick then. He can kiss goodbye to his England career as well.

"My agent felt it wasn't the right time to sign" = Google translate says: I'm a greedy little clearing in the woods, so is my agent, and we felt like screwing some other poor bastard for a shitload of cash whilst my reputation is half decent.

Rocket polishing clearing in the woods.

:angry::rant:

DJ is staying, I believe

So? Where is about Liverpool and wantaway?

One day is not the same like This Summer.

To CL club is not a LFC.

He's staying

Please do not call fellow fans names on here no matter what their views or beliefs, leaving a letter out doesn't make this ok.

Downing can say the **** he wants to be honest. It's nothing compared to the shambles work by the board.
So the board making a bad appointment somehow doesn't make Downing a prick for all of the things he's said?

Downing said: You just want the best for your career. You want to finish with medals at the end of it so, if it's a step up with Villa or with someone else, then I'm ready for it

He's staying to fight with Villa. Oh yes. Don't believe journos

I wouldn't call Downing a prick. He is being fickle and for good reason.
How? He's been trying to engineer a move to Liveprool long before McLeish was even appointed, after earlier saying he wanted to stay.

Â