Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

It was barely used together to be fair. It was okay vs Newcastle but wasn't that the only game they started together??

I think Gabby may play slightly off Bent in a flexible 4-4-2. So that if needed it becomes a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 depending on what's required.

Oops sorry.. I forgot I'm only here to make the sarnies.. Silly me!!

Yeah, the only problem I see is Albrighton in this system will be left quite isolated and I worry about his overall game not being good enough just yet. We could possibly do with another winger, one that likes to drive infield as well as if Albrighton plays, he will be on the right, Downing left and then IMO, our game because pretty easy to defend against and very predictable and lacking ideas.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would a Bent and Gabby in a 4-4-2 work? Both very good players in their own ways of course but together? I'm not so sure myself.

I saw no evidence of it working last season either when we did play 4-4-2.. we'll see though I guess.

But it was never very clear last season how much direction the players were getting and how much they understood what they were expected to do.

The photo is so fake there's an extra hand on the scarf! :!:

Ppl have been over this a million times, it's not extra fingers or hands, its the tassels or whatever they call them from the scarf. The quality just doesnt allow most ppl to see it.

:winkold:

:lol::lol::lol:

It was barely used together to be fair. It was okay vs Newcastle but wasn't that the only game they started together??

I think Gabby may play slightly off Bent in a flexible 4-4-2. So that if needed it becomes a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 depending on what's required.

Oops sorry.. I forgot I'm only here to make the sarnies.. Silly me!!

NO NO NO NO NO N O

Ypu've got to do the washing up after as well :lol::lol::lol:

Downing should stay. Not just for our benefit, but for his own.

He has finally been recognised as having the quality to play at the top. Another season of it and if he's lucky he'll be looking at clubs challenging for honours rather than Liverpool.

One more season I think.

Would a Bent and Gabby in a 4-4-2 work? Both very good players in their own ways of course but together? I'm not so sure myself.

I saw no evidence of it working last season either when we did play 4-4-2.. we'll see though I guess.

Personally I thought when they did play together (which was very, very briefly) I saw potential that it would work with time.

Anyway - on topic.

Really cannot see Downing being let go whether he wants to go or not. No way will Randy let Young & DJ go in the same summer unless we received an astronomical figure in return.

Personally I thought when they did play together (which was very, very briefly) I saw potential that it would work with time.

Anyway - on topic.

Really cannot see Downing being let go whether he wants to go or not. No way will Randy let Young & DJ go in the same summer unless we received an astronomical figure in return.

Didn't MM say that AM would not sell DJ unless it was silly money of like £50m? Sounds he will deffo be staying... not even Man City would pay that much!!

If he was to hand in a transfer request that might change things, he seemed like an honest bloke (so did Milner) but with the CL comments and Plop scarf he's beginning to look/sound like a knob.

If Downing doesn't sign a contract but stays, we will know he will leave next summer as well and will plan for that.

Isn't that the complaint that people have made in other threads?

That we are letting our better players go year by year with one year left on their contract?

Dailymail reporting McLeish ready to cash in if Liverpool meet a £19m fee.. stupid if true, we should hold out for much much more.

I don't believe it mate. It goes completely against the meeting he had with the fans today in what was said to them. The Mail is truly fecking useless.

I reckon the picture was a fake on the basis it was not Downing in the picture, looked nothing like him.

As for him going I would be astounded if RL both let him and Young go unless we got say £25m for him and we had a replacement lined up.

Â