The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, deck said:

Players with talent and self-confidence are well used to that sort of stuff; they expect it and often seem to use it to raise their game.  He's already said he's used to opposition fans singling him out,  and the noise of Villa fans booing him won't register any differently with him while he's focused on playing the match.  If Villa fans wanted to mess with his head, they'd probably do better to respond with tepid indifference whenever he's on the ball, but I imagine many won't be able to resist jeering and booing him. I think the bigger danger for him as a 'dafty' will be reacting will too much joy if he provides a couple of fine assists or nicks a goal, which would turn even the more mature and magnanimous Villa fans against him.

Yes, I mean exactly that.

I don't expect booing to put him off his game but he does seem to want to remain in Villa fan's good books.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Screenshot_20210917_160435_com.instagram.android.jpg

Wasn't that great of a game to be fair :D 

Great goal though. He was absolutely on fire that season. One of my favourite single seasons by any player.

Edit: I thought that was the Cardiff match in 2018, but it looks like it's the Leicester game in 2015, which also wasn't a great game for Villa fans :lol: . The beginning of our rapid descent.

Edited by Keyblade

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes, I mean exactly that.

I don't expect booing to put him off his game but he does seem to want to remain in Villa fan's good books.

One of the most effective things Villa fans could do on the day is to 'kill him with kindness' - if they applauded or shouted genuine compliments when he went on a little run or pushed a nice pass through, it might make a bit of guilt well up in him and blunt his drive!

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Great goal though. He was absolutely on fire that season. One of my favourite single seasons by any player.

Edit: I thought that was the Cardiff match in 2018, but it looks like it's the Leicester game in 2015, which also wasn't a great game for Villa fans :lol: . The beginning of our rapid descent.

Its against blues, not sure what season

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Its against blues, not sure what season

Probably 16/17 when Gabby scored the winner. I can see him doing that arms out celebration, and it looks like he's #40 which can only be that season (or the 15/16 season where we played them in the League Cup).

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Probably 16/17 when Gabby scored the winner. I can see him doing that arms out celebration, and it looks like he's #40 which can only be that season (or the 15/16 season where we played them in the League Cup).

Just looked at the highlights, and yes it's the Cup game in 2015. Also we looked so awful that game :lol: 

Lescott - Richards - Clark back 3 getting dragged all over the place by Clayton Donaldson.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Just looked at the highlights, and yes it's the Cup game in 2015. Also we looked so awful that game :lol: 

Lescott - Richards - Clark back 3 getting dragged all over the place by Clayton Donaldson.

Wasn’t that when Clark was randomly played in DM and was absolutely **** awful?

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Birmingham cup game in Sherwood's season. Gestede winner I think?

edit: already mentioned

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Wasn’t that when Clark was randomly played in DM and was absolutely **** awful?

Probably, I don't think Tactics Tim ever played with a back 3. He was getting pulled all over the place by a Championship side.

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Probably, I don't think Tactics Tim ever played with a back 3. He was getting pulled all over the place by a Championship side.

pretty sure he did once and randomly started Crespo for his only game

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It tends to have the opposite effect to what the fans want.

Fans think booing puts players off their game but in most cases it just makes them more hungry to prove them wrong and actually lifts their game in many cases.

I think it will hurt Joe though and wouldn't be surprised if he lost his head.

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

If I'm remembering correctly, that was probably Stoke at home which we lost right?

Yeah that was the one, he changed it back to a back 4 at half time, and then early in the 2nd half Stoke scored because Crespo was still positioned as if he was in a back 3 and left a massive gap between him and Richards.... Think that was also the game when it was clear, we where in serious trouble....

• Like 1

On 16/09/2021 at 18:46, Keyblade said:

We're not in the same dimension as City. Their revenue is about 5 times ours. They've won about 13 trophies since we last won 1, 25 years ago, when Jack Grealish was still a baby. It is what it is. They were tinpot 20 years ago, but now they're not. We were big 20 years ago, but now we're not. That's football.

That’s one way of putting it.

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Birmingham cup game in Sherwood's season. Gestede winner I think?

edit: already mentioned

I remember this game fondly, solely for my old man being so drunk in the Holte Suite afterwards he stripped down to his boxers and stood on a table singing “My Old Man.” Fortunately I know someone who works for the club and the bouncers allowed him to carry on without issue. 

• Like 1

Â