The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair, I don't even know what Smith meant. Encyclopedia of football? So he knows everything there is to know about football?

I just watched the clip back for the first time in ages to refresh my thinking. Smith referring to Grealish as an “encyclopaedia of football” is strangely worded. However, having watched Grealish’s reaction and response again, I’m n it so certain now that he does know what an encyclopaedia is. 

So, chances are, upon reflection, that Grealish doesn’t know what the analogy from Smith meant or what the word meant too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

I just watched the clip back for the first time in ages to refresh my thinking. Smith referring to Grealish as an “encyclopaedia of football” is strangely worded. However, having watched Grealish’s reaction and response again, I’m n it so certain now that he does know what an encyclopaedia is. 

So, chances are, upon reflection, that Grealish doesn’t know what the analogy from Smith meant or what the word meant too. 

The Football Ramble crew discussed this at the time and made a couple of good points. Do kids these days even use an encyclopedia? Possible somebody Jack's age would have got the reference if Smith referred to Grealish as a Wikipedia of football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I read somewhere that the freak kidney injury forced him to look at things in a different light. He definitely buckled down after that.

I seem to remember him giving an interview where he mentioned the doctor telling him the injury was potentially fatal, which is what I always put his turnaround down to.

42 minutes ago, Hornso said:

The Football Ramble crew discussed this at the time and made a couple of good points. Do kids these days even use an encyclopedia? Possible somebody Jack's age would have got the reference if Smith referred to Grealish as a Wikipedia of football.

Does anyone use an encyclopedia these days?

(This is from someone who was really excited about getting "The Joy of Knowledge" subscription every week.)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Does anyone use an encyclopedia these days?

(This is from someone who was really excited about getting "The Joy of Knowledge" subscription every week.)

There's an online one that has been extremely popular since the time Jack was about 10 years old that people still use.

Just now, Keyblade said:

There's an online one that has been extremely popular since the time Jack was about 10 years old that people still use.

I'm guessing you mean wiki? Isn't that different from a traditional Encyclopedia?

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm guessing you mean wiki? Isn't that different from a traditional Encyclopedia?

Yeah. I don't really even remember what a traditional encyclopedia was like to be fair :lol: 

I just remember it as a big ol' book that has information on a variety of topics. Looking at Wiki, it does seem to fashion itself as an online encyclopedia (though not quite as reliable of course).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

The difference is that traditional encyclopaedias are fashioned by people believed to be experts, usually paid; whereas Wikipedia is fashioned by people who volunteer their time and their expertise may be a little apocryphal. 

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

What kind of reception do we all think he’ll receive upon his return to VP? I personally am not quite sure how I’ll react. I certainly won’t cheer him, but is what he did disdainful enough to be booed?

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he started the match on the bench to avoid the abuse.

3 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

What kind of reception do we all think he’ll receive upon his return to VP? I personally am not quite sure how I’ll react. I certainly won’t cheer him, but is what he did disdainful enough to be booed?

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he started the match on the bench to avoid the abuse.

Its Villa Park, there’ll be boos, inflatable snakes, printed money & pitchforks 

• Haha 3

Boo him and hope he plays shit, even if you still quite like him, boo the **** out of him and city

let sky play the we don’t understand what’s wrong with this card, will be interesting to see if other teams fans boo him too like Leicester, I’m not saying players shouldn’t be allowed to move but this kind of move isn’t good for anyone in the PL other than the top 4 who can afford to do it

boo everyone, like what should have happened after the ESL but didn’t 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I think it will be a mix of boos and slight, but not over the top, applause from some. You would think it will be quite emotional for Jack so looking forward to his pre match statement to that effect🙄

And yeah might come up with something so he won't to face it quite yet who knows.

Â