The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

He got assaulted on the pitch by a nose, he scored the winner at the same game. Came off the pitch and said it was the best day of his life.

Lifted the play off final trophy and said he wants more. He wants to do it with Villa.

Why would he swap that for rotation and being up north

Well he wouldn't would he and that's the point ive been trying to make all morning so far. There are certain things you don't give up in life and even with what you say above is just another reason to stay at Villa.

Yes I agree he wants to do it all at Villa, like I said somewhere in some of my posts, I believe he's a fanatic, a cultish player where Villa is his playground and he will either accomplish it or won't at Villa, but his days his playing days will be at this club. Whatever the result or outcome after his playing days are over, I believe he will of been happy that Villa was and always were where he checked in and out and once he were at Villa, he knew there was no going anywhere else.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah sure if that’s what you believe, I was just thinking the same about you.  I guess we aren’t going to agree.

FWIW I'm not saying I'd be chuffed if the club Jack went to won the CL or the league, I'm more saying I wouldn't have any hatred towards him whatsoever, I would still enjoy watching him play, and say if he won a Ballon d'Or, I would be delighted for him. Maybe this would all change after seeing him in another shirt, who knows.

But you're right, probably best to leave it as we won't agree 👍

Just now, PieFacE said:

I'm strangely not worried about this one bit.

Same. The fee would be the largest in PL history. What was the last time a transfer like that worked out. 

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair mate, if we wants to go, I almost don't want him 🤷🏾.

Aside from that, would like this sorted one way or another, it's not fair on us.

Holds and messes with alot of things in the balance. Transfer strategy etc.

Then again, as sources closest to the club have said, the strategy revolves around Jack staying.

These reports ( whether true or not ) messes with us in a multitude of ways. It wouldn't surprise me if a couple of targets will see reports and say " But I thought he was staying " etc. Possibly even delay dealings as they might want guarantees.

I think we’ll get a press release in the next week or two that he’s signed a new bumper Villa contract.

• Like 2

I'm fairly confident of him staying put for the time being, the only thing that puts a shred of doubt in my mind is his unhealthy obsession with Kevin De Bruyne, and with KDB turning 30 this month how badly will he want to play with him whilst he's still in his prime?

1 minute ago, will87 said:

I'm fairly confident of him staying put for the time being, the only thing that puts a shred of doubt in my mind is his unhealthy obsession with Kevin De Bruyne, and with KDB turning 30 this month how badly will he want to play with him whilst he's still in his prime?

So you're saying we should sign KDB. Nice.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I feel if Grealish was leaving it would have happened by now. Reports saying Man City will wait till after the Euros to make a bid…well that’s too bloody late in my opinion. It will be less than a month till the season starts at that point and I don’t feel like the club management will choose to disadvantage ourselves like that for the new season. 

If Grealish was leaving it should have been agreed week 1 in the window so we can prepare. Purslow doesn’t seem the type to let things things drift and happen outside of our control, and we all know we don’t need the cash. Therefore I think there’s nothing in these rumours. 

I can’t imagine negotiations on a new contract at Villa would take very long as the only thing to discuss is money. If that process began last week then he should be signing it next Wed/Thurs after England’s Euro exit. 

23 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's not just any player, it's a special player who's given us a hell of a lot. Comes with maturity I guess 🤷‍♂️

So… you’d actively support him if he scored a goal against us with his hypothetical new club?

You’d stand up and clap if he got the assist which sent us down or scuppered our qualification for Europe?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So we keep a clearly pissed of player and risk affecting the morale in the dressing room for 4 more years? You honestly believe that? And no I don't mean he refuses to play. I mean he may never be at the level of 100% effort as he would serious harbor a grudge at that point surely.

To clarify once again.I am sure villa don't want to sell. But again contracts are worth nothing in football. So if he wants to leave we will sell him for the most money we can get.

Of course there is a small chance he think we can get into Europe in the next year or two and may stay and leave at around age 27. I would say out of the two options, now is his time, his stock has never been higher and this would be his perfect time to move.

He won't be pissed off though. Because as I said unless he throws a hissy fit.

Grealish will be more than happy to play for us. And even if he isn't he will still want to play because he loves the club. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think we’ll get a press release in the next week or two that he’s signed a new bumper Villa contract.

You maybe right because so far when the media has done one and VT has had its headache of the possibility of Jack leaving for another club, the Owners seem to just conjure up paper for Jack to sign.

I'm not worried at all, Jack will get some more money and new contract and all the teams next season's and there fans will be getting pissed off with us again. The one thing they can't stand is Jack because he causes so much frustration, then there's all this Transfer hype for them and the possibility of signing our boy and then they have to learn it wasn't true which is the icing on the cake because they fell for all this media horse crap like some on VT.

I just can't wait till we see:

Young - Watkins - Buendia

Grealish

I know some think Young has come into do a defensive job and mayb that's the case but I have a sneaky feeling that were going to be seeing him take up his old villa role. Either way cant wait to see a friendly and see how Smith plays our new players amongst our existing one.

On 25/06/2021 at 10:56, Frank Raphael said:

Why are so many of you talking like he's already gone 😂

Thank you so much. 

Some of the ridiculous comments on here had me rushing to BBC and Sky News to see if he had definitely gone.  Both those sites have the same message that Villa are not looking to sell and doing everything to keep him. 

So many posters on here made of jelly. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

He won't be pissed off though. Because as I said unless he throws a hissy fit.

Grealish will be more than happy to play for us. And even if he isn't he will still want to play because he loves the club. 

And how do you know he won't be pissed off at being denied this chance?

Leaving us 9 months after signing a 5 year contract would be Delph level snakeness. I wouldn’t be cheering him elsewhere.  I don’t think he’ll leave because he brought into that project when he signed that contract and isn’t going to jump at first chance when we knew then big clubs would be after him this summer. Makes no sense.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Thank you so much. 

Some of the ridiculous comments on here had me rushing to BBC and Sky News so see if he had definitely gone.  Both those sites have the same message that Villa are not looking to sell and doing everything to keep him. 

So many posters on here made of jelly. 

I'm a well set jelly I'll have you know. It's the falling out with each other that's amusing me

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

And how do you know he won't be pissed off at being denied this chance?

Because he was upset for 2 weeks when he didn't move to spurs but then he played in front of villa Park again and no longer cared. He has said that himself. 

He has the chance to become the English Totti. Remember as one of the all time greats. Because he didn't chase glory but stayed with club he loved and did his best to win them trophies. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Think he will stay for another season to see where we go as  a club.

If we still hover around 10th 9th next season i think he is a goner.

THIS

Until The cows come home, THIS…

and I wouldn’t blame Jack either…

but since NSWE took over, we have come on leaps and bounds… and even since we have been back in the PL, we have had a hairy 17th finish and then jumped from 17th to 11th… with the right signings, why can’t we jump from 11th to 5th? And why can’t Jack be a part of that?

7 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

So… you’d actively support him if he scored a goal against us with his hypothetical new club?

You’d stand up and clap if he got the assist which sent us down or scuppered our qualification for Europe?

Course I wouldn't.

Â