The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Can't understand people who wouldn't blame Jack for leaving, he owes us nothing etc

He bloody does owe us as much as we owe him.

I hate every team but Villa and if Jack goes to a competitor, I want them and as a consequence Jack to fail.

I want Jack to succeed and I want it to be at Villa. NWSE are doing everything in their considerable power to help us succeed, 

Makes no sense, it's all bullsh1t media and clubs sniffing, not bidding, nah, he's staying, end of.

Sad Care Bears GIF by Complex

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

He might have signed the contract with the understanding he could leave in 12 months? Meaning that we get a bumper pay day. 

That being said, Citeh can't afford both Kane and Jack and a striker is a bigger need for them. 

I agree but we know that the owners and recruitment team have been talking to targets about the project including Jack this summer so we know there is no gentlesmans agreement that he leaves this summer.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think losing Jack would have an impact on who we could attract. Would JWP want to come? ESR (however unlikely we are to sign him) looks up to Jack - would he leave his boyhood club if we sold him? Would Tammy come back if he was sold? They're just examples but I think a huge part of selling us to players is Jack being here. 

There is some truth to that. I think this is a key reason why he needs to sign that contract, he needs to sacrifice for the Villa and help the club return to glory. IF he truly "loves" Villa like he says he does, he will sign that new contract in a heartbeat! 

Edited by Villa_Vids

34 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Let's hope your all right then and his love for villa trump's wanting to win something.

There is an alternative solution here..how much to poach guardiola? 🤣

Nassef would have to be willing to sponsor his stairs. 

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think the other thing to consider is if he likes being the billy big bollocks, centre of everything at Villa, and I think there's a good chance he does, or if he wants to play with a better team.

Football isn't like a normal job, but I've been in the position of being the lynchpin of a team, and it can be nice to feel so critical, but ultimately I got fed up of working with people who were so far off my pace and sacked it in to go and work with better people who made my life easier.

I wouldn't blame him one bit if after he takes a ball down out of the air like it's magic, plays a great pass to someone only to see them completely **** it up again, he sometimes thinks "I can do better than this".

It's almost as if he did that for England twice and they **** it up both times. Someone who City are allegedly buying for over 100 million. 

• Thanks 1

People on here talking like Grealish leaving is a certainty 😂😂😂. There is a new contract on the table and the existing one has 4 years to run. If the club don't want to sell him they won't. Everyone knows that Grealish will not be effected long term by not moving this year so there is no player power in this instance. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

The biggest reason to believe that he will still be a Villa player next season is that Man City almost certainly won't pay the money we'd want for him, they're mega rich but the most they've ever paid for a player is £60m, forget the £100m figure that's just a made up number by the media, to get Grealish they'd probably have to at least double their previous transfer record if not more, which they aren't going to do for Grealish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The biggest reason to believe that he will still be a Villa player next season is that Man City almost certainly won't pay the money we'd want for him, they're mega rich but the most they've ever paid for a player is £60m, forget the £100m figure that's just a made up number by the media, to get Grealish they'd probably have to at least double their previous transfer record if not more, which they aren't going to do for Grealish.

Also they need Kane way more than they need Grealish.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I'm strangely not worried about this one bit.

Nor me. 

My feeling is that he will want to win something as Villa Captain. Given our recent improvement/investment he will consider himself to have a good chance of doing so. 

This time next season if we have finished in similar or only slightly improved position, I think he would seriously consider his options. 

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think this is fairly plausible. He’s not a Le Tiss. He will need Villa to be challenging for trophies ASAP.

Personally I think if he stays this summer (and we add one or two quality players), our squad is starting to look deep enough to challenge for top 6. That might keep him here.

Really? After acquiring Buendía we are ready to challenge for top 6?

I feel Jack will stay by the way.

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

He might have signed the contract with the understanding he could leave in 12 months? Meaning that we get a bumper pay day. 

That being said, Citeh can't afford both Kane and Jack and a striker is a bigger need for them. 

They can afford both though I think 

• Like 1

The media and other fans presume that we need or are even desperate for the money, you see it in the reactions to us signing other players, with comments like 'they're spending the Grealish money', which is why there's an assumption that Man City would get him for around £100m, I bet they wouldn't even offer that, more likely around £80m plus add ons or £80m plus some player that they don't want.

49 minutes ago, Xela said:

My thoughts are, and they're just guesswork, but he'll stay for the coming season. 

Reasons - we're improving and while we continue to improve I think he'll want to be here. I think he'll want to play in front of a packed VP again. All he does is talk about how much the club means to him and how he loves it here. I think as others have said, if we stagnate and don't improve, then I could see him leaving then. 

He's said he wants to play in the Champions league etc - who doesn't? Does't mean it has to be next season with Citeh. Could be with us in a couple of years. He's 25 and in the England team and becoming a superstar. His career is gong in the right direction - he doesn't need to force a move to get any more exposure. He could negotiate his contract with us. 

I think losing Jack would have an impact on who we could attract. Would JWP want to come? ESR (however unlikely we are to sign him) looks up to Jack - would he leave his boyhood club if we sold him? Would Tammy come back if he was sold? They're just examples but I think a huge part of selling us to players is Jack being here. 

Let's hope your correct 😁

Our owners have him under a long-term contract, and are no mugs when it comes to both business and sport.

They control the narrative here. Not City and not Jack.

Edited by StanBalaban

10 minutes ago, useless said:

The media and other fans presume that we need or are even desperate for the money, you see it in the reactions to us signing other players, with comments like 'they're spending the Grealish money', which is why there's an assumption that Man City would get him for around £100m, I bet they wouldn't even offer that, more likely around £80m plus add ons or £80m plus some player that they don't want.

Let the media & other fans think what they like. We have been labelled a lot of things over the last three years, every single thing proven wrong! They still think Lerner/Doug run the show, let them believe that. There is a reason those so called top  clubs are running off to create a super league.

Gotta love this forum....

10 pages ago - we love you Jack, don’t go, we need yiu

Now - **** off Jack, you disloyal snake, can’t believe you’d treat us like that, hate you, hope you fail  

😂😂...tongue in cheek obvs but...ya know. 

I've made two brilliant points and I can't believe they aren't music to everyone's ears...

Over the last two days the only thing we've learned is that we're in talks with Grealish over a new contract, we already knew that others would be interested in him.

Man City's previous transfer record is £60m, they're unlikely to double that in order to buy Grealish, they can be as seriously interested all they like but they won't get him if they don't pay what we'd want, and Grealish is unlikely to go on strike or anything like that so we won't be forced to accept a low offer.

• Like 4

Â