The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Imagine how many times he’d be carrying into the penalty area if he wasn’t fouled so much. You’d need a new chart! 

Exactly. He's literally nearly off the charts. Yet, still we get the "he's not good enough", "all he does is dive" etc etc load of crap. Just shows how some people refuse to open their eyes.

Two things made me laugh about it though, the title of the chart and the fact that they named Daniel Brosinski. Bit cruel.

Edited by Okonokos

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Exactly. He's literally nearly off the charts. Yet, still we get the "he's not good enough", "all he does is dive" etc etc load of crap. Just shows how some people refuse to open their eyes.

Two things made me laugh about it though, the title of the chart and the fact that they named Daniel Brosinski. Bit cruel.

Yeah I noticed that, harsh but funny. 

Opposition players only have two choices when faced with Grealish. 

1. foul him

2. let him run through on goal

And there’s feck all they can do about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah I noticed that, harsh but funny. 

Opposition players only have two choices when faced with Grealish. 

1. foul him

2. let him run through on goal

And there’s feck all they can do about it. 

In a nutshell. It's so good to see. They hack him down first chance they get outside the area but as soon as he goes inside, the opposition look terrified because they know they daren't touch him.

There's nobody in world football that can do what he can do as consistently as he does it. That's why he's world class and amazingly will only get better too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, birdman said:

Amazing stat. As good as he is though makes me think that he should be scoring a few more goals to go with it? Or at least we need to do better as a team with all the chances he creates. 

The latter. Jack creates more chances than most players in Europe. If not all of them (I haven't checked recently).

Jack could probably score a few more himself, he's not perfect. But I think converting his chances is by far the bigger issue

• Like 1

Jack creates plenty of chances for the team but i think he could also be scoring more too. He gets chances and he does comes close every game.   When you think of some of the chances he has had this season he could be on double figures. 

If you look at Mahrez the season Leicester won the league (I think won PFA player of the year) when he wasn’t making goals he was scoring them, many of them being winning goals too. When Jacks add this too his game then he really will be worth some of the transfer fee’s mentioned on here. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

For some reason, he has an easier time scoring the spectacular goals than some of the more bread and butter finishes you expect from top players. He had at least 3 saved on the line this season so he's getting closer, but you rarely see him getting on the end of crosses, or ghosting into the box kind of like Conor does for 1 time finishes. Just a minor quibble about his immaculate game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The latter. Jack creates more chances than most players in Europe. If not all of them (I haven't checked recently).

Jack could probably score a few more himself, he's not perfect. But I think converting his chances is by far the bigger issue

Yes agree with this, without a doubt converting more of the chances he creates is a far far bigger issue than Jack scoring a few more himself but that would be simply lovely too lol. Don't ask for much do we! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

For some reason, he has an easier time scoring the spectacular goals than some of the more bread and butter finishes you expect from top players. He had at least 3 saved on the line this season so he's getting closer, but you rarely see him getting on the end of crosses, or ghosting into the box kind of like Conor does for 1 time finishes. Just a minor quibble about his immaculate game.

The thing where he just stops in the box with the ball.... occasionally I would like to see him continue with pace and shoot. Opposition expect him to stall now so if he could mix it up a bit more it would bring some unpredictability to his game. Not saying he's becoming predictable but....actually yes I am lol. 

Edited by birdman

Â