The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Paul Merson was also an early admirer, quoting jacks sublime ability for the weighted pass....Merse said there is no one better.

Again, another none neutral you could argue, but at least someone that Sky seem to be happy to put in front of the camera on a regular basis.

Can't think of any genuine neutral that has backed him until after his recent first cap,  except Ian Wright who did so just before it happened? Crazy that he's gone so under the radar except for the people that you would be able to argue are biased.  The fact they're right as well as biased isn't my point ;).

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Again, another none neutral you could argue, but at least someone that Sky seem to be happy to put in front of the camera on a regular basis.

Can't think of any genuine neutral that has backed him until after his recent first cap,  except Ian Wright who did so just before it happened? Crazy that he's gone so under the radar except for the people that you would be able to argue are biased.  The fact they're right as well as biased isn't my point ;).

I don't think Merse is biased towards Jack....just truthful.

Merse is almost neutral with every team inc Arsenal.....been around the block enough, to be unbiased, I think.

I know he played for us though most probably cant remember but Joe Cole has been praising him in the media as well and I think he was the one that compared him to Gazza initially and even said he was England best player since him. Cole has also played with some very good England players in his time

not seen the quote for the gazza comparison but id lazily guess its the same as the gabby "the way he moves is like Iniesta" comment, someone says that he's a maverick like gazza, he can wiggle and go past people like gazza, he's exciting like gazza

"grealish is overrated, he's not as good as gazza"

when nobody said "as good as" you cant liken players to anyone or suggest anything anymore because nobody cares enough to read properly or look for context

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know he played for us though most probably cant remember but Joe Cole has been praising him in the media as well and I think he was the one that compared him to Gazza initially and even said he was England best player since him. Cole has also played with some very good England players in his time

I think at the time he was said to be a good role model for Jack. Its a shame that we didn't see the best of Joe Cole as  before his nasty leg break, he was one of the most talented English players of his generation. Seems a nice fella too.

I guess my point is someone that has no affiliation with villa, that has no reason to know how good Jack is, other than the fact that they watch football and couldn't miss how good he is. There just seems to have been a complete blind spot over him (or perhaps its Villa) for maybe 3 years now when he has been performing exceptionally but being ignored by the media.

Is there anyone neutral that can claim they backed him for England before the whole country realised it. 

Yeah I know.. overly sensitive blah blah blah.

Most pundits now seem to want Jack to play(the exception Danny Mills)

Watching England under Southgate I now find depressing.I actually want the opposition to score to speed up his demise something I have never experienced before.We have had players that were overlooked before but none so obviously suited to international football.Some of the tackles that Jack endures in the Premier league can’t happen in International football,referees are much stricter and so teams will find it harder to stop him.

We could field a very strong attacking team but Southgates tactics are too cautious and negative.Jack won’t start tonight and I will be very surprised if he comes on as a sub.He doesn’t fit into his team set up as a player and as a person.

Only good thing is the tide is turning against Southgate more and more people are question his style of play and maybe he will be gone after our inevitable disastrous Euros.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not seen the quote for the gazza comparison but id lazily guess its the same as the gabby "the way he moves is like Iniesta" comment, someone says that he's a maverick like gazza, he can wiggle and go past people like gazza, he's exciting like gazza

when nobody said "as good as" you cant liken players to anyone or suggest anything anymore because nobody cares enough to read properly or look for context

most technically gifted since Gazza... so not comparing him at all. Just comparing everyone since ;).

I'd say he's not wrong, even our best players in the intervening years haven't been technically gifted ball carriers that have an end product.  They've been speed merchants with no end product or technically gifted at controlling the ball and picking out a pass.  None like Gazza that could carry the ball and do something at the end of it.

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

you can say that again....

In some cases they are more influenced by who wrote it, as opposed to whats written.

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Good point, who was the first neutral pundit to back Jack?

I seem to recall Ian Wright getting very opinionated on it just before he got his first call up but I assume there have been neutrals calling for his inclusion since last year

Harry Redknapp?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I guess my point is someone that has no affiliation with villa, that has no reason to know how good Jack is, other than the fact that they watch football and couldn't miss how good he is. There just seems to have been a complete blind spot over him (or perhaps its Villa) for maybe 3 years now when he has been performing exceptionally but being ignored by the media.

Is there anyone neutral that can claim they backed him for England before the whole country realised it. 

Yeah I know.. overly sensitive blah blah blah.

Too be fair I’m sure Harry Redknapp was saying a while ago that you build an England team around Jack

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Jenas was the first pundit to really back him.

After the Brighton win last season he said it was embarrassing he hadn't made the England squad.

Tim Sherwood. Been raving about Jack for years. The only one of these pundits who has actually worked with him and seen him on the training pitch. Same guy who's coached Kane and Eriksen, yet he doesn't go on about them like he does Jack. Easily my favorite pundit on TV right now, for other reasons as well. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Tim Sherwood. Been raving about Jack for years. The only one of these pundits who has actually worked with him and seen him on the training pitch. Same guy who's coached Kane and Eriksen, yet he doesn't go on about them like he does Jack. Easily my favorite pundit on TV right now, for other reasons as well. 

Please don't make me praise Tim :(

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Southgate said some nice things about Jack today. How come nobody’s talking about? 🤔

What, you mean like when you say nice things about a girl you’re about to dump?

’I think you’re amazing.  You’ll find someone who deserves you.  Now **** off, I’m expecting Mason round any minute.’

Lets see if he picks him.

• Haha 1

Just now, Thug said:

What, you mean like when you say nice things about a girl you’re about to dump?

’I think you’re amazing.  You’ll find someone who deserves you.  Now **** off, I’m expecting Mason round any minute.’

Lets see if he picks him.

Southgate could make Jack captain and fans would still find something to complain about. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Southgate could make Jack captain and fans would still find something to complain about. 

Yh, sure.

I’d suggest you wait and see how many minutes he gets before your great defence of him.

saying a few nice things after being universally ridiculed for acting like a clearing in the woods doesn’t change what he genuinely believes about him.

Â