The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He might be perfectly fine. But without the rush of playing in full stadiums snd winning trophys in the major tournaments, he wonder how he'll cope with that empty void. Especially when theres no expectations or people to hold responsibile and steer you along the right path. I'm for more worried him once his career ends.

32 minutes ago, Skruff said:

He might be perfectly fine. But without the rush of playing in full stadiums snd winning trophys in the major tournaments, he wonder how he'll cope with that empty void. Especially when theres no expectations or people to hold responsibile and steer you along the right path. I'm for more worried him once his career ends.

did i hear a rumour about him learning to DJ and wanting to play ibiza etc when he retires? you could totally see that...modern DJing has computers to do the mixing etc for you anyway so i don't think it's quite the art it once was

edit: on a side note, some mates met his dad at the springsteen gig the other night and reckons he'll be back at villa one day. like him or loathe him, something will have gone wrong IMO if we end up signing a 33 year old grealish whose best days will be well behind him

Edited by tomav84

25 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

did i hear a rumour about him learning to DJ and wanting to play ibiza etc when he retires? you could totally see that...modern DJing has computers to do the mixing etc for you anyway so i don't think it's quite the art it once was

edit: on a side note, some mates met his dad at the springsteen gig the other night and reckons he'll be back at villa one day. like him or loathe him, something will have gone wrong IMO if we end up signing a 33 year old grealish whose best days will be well behind him

Would Unai or Monchi take him back. Is a lot of baggage and he is not like Young that his character woukd help the dressing room

His Dad sure does love to talk

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would Unai or Monchi take him back. Is a lot of baggage and he is not like Young that his character woukd help the dressing room

His Dad sure does love to talk

exactly. we don't have deano in charge anymore. big assumption that unai (hopefully we still have him in 6/7 years) will want him

56 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

The only way we end up signing a 33 year old grealish is if he still offers us something, same as young, same as every player

This summer with this squad I'd say 33 year old grealish would probably offer us more than Bailey and Traore...

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

exactly. we don't have deano in charge anymore. big assumption that unai (hopefully we still have him in 6/7 years) will want him

To be honest I want unai to build some Ferguson type dynasty and be here till he's into his mid 70's ideally

• Like 1

I just don't see him ever re-joining under NSWE's ownership. To think Bruce/Xia had all but sold him to Spurs (95% done by Jack's omission and if you believe some speculation him and his dad were drinking champagne at Poch's house) until they took over. It's still best for all parties that he does not.

3 hours ago, av1 said:

The only way he returns here is if he dies so in the 12/18 months. Can’t see it. 

Sports science has improved massively but I think this might be pushing it.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah but his dad is also full of sh*t. More likely he would bugger off to Saudi Arabia. Villa til I die mate.

• Like 1

Jack's dad is a Villa fan so it's probably wishful thinking.

I don't think there would be barriers to him coming back if he wanted to and was still an elite footballer. We're hardly the kind of club to get hung up on sentiment if a player of that quality is available.

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Jack's dad is a Villa fan so it's probably wishful thinking.

I don't think there would be barriers to him coming back if he wanted to and was still an elite footballer. We're hardly the kind of club to get hung up on sentiment if a player of that quality is available.

Jack's dad's a fan of whatever club bought him his last pint, I think.

Going back never works 90% of the time. Even 'success' stories like Zaha he's gone back to Palace and won sod all 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I just don't see him ever re-joining under NSWE's ownership. To think Bruce/Xia had all but sold him to Spurs (95% done by Jack's omission and if you believe some speculation him and his dad were drinking champagne at Poch's house) until they took over. It's still best for all parties that he does not.

Him, his dad, and his agent were engineering moves each summer. He was off to Man United the season before he signed a new contract. 

• Like 2

Doesn't take care of his body like Ash does.

I reckon Grealish will heavily decline by age 32-33 and most likely won't be good enough for where we are.

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We all want Villa to be massive again, competing at the top end again; Jack Grealish wants to sniff De Bruyne and Peps knickers whilst elevating City above Villa in European Cups, League titles and every other metric. He blatantly dived to cheat against us infront of all the Villa fans, celebrates goals against us, speaks about us in ways which make us look small fry. Yeah cant wait to welcome him back like this was all a bad dream 🙃

I know there’s politics behind these big moves, agents love it, its how they make their money, and who knows maybe Villa were actually pleased to get it done in the end because we really did need a windfall to balance FFP as all we seemed to do in the 10 years prior was buy buy buy with no money coming back in through sales. Of course players too, are always looking for that bumper contract and the chance to jump on the perennial winners gravy train, regardless of who they support, but I know I will never look at him the same and I dont want him to ever come back. Too much damage was done imo. Most Villa fans have always hated City for pillaging us in the past, setting off a chain of events that we’re only just recovering from now, Jack was there when the whole Delph thing happened, all Villa fans would have felt even deeper resentment of that club at that time; but of course, he wont think like a fan when you get the chance to be the Delph yourself.

Nuh, just cant look at him the same. Still annoys me 2 years later.

giphy.gif

Â