The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I said this last year and received criticism for it...

The signs have been there for quite some time; rumours were abound whilst he was still at the Villa.

As some might remember I used to live with a professional footballer and I knew a few others by association. Cocaine is rife, from the very top of English football.

Top players are protected by their clubs and they know well in advance of drug tests;it can be hidden in plain sight.

I do drug testing in my line of work, the iron filings waiting period (the time it takes to be clear of your system) is on average 1-4 days. Cannabis is the longest with a 30 day period.

Not beyond the realms of impossibility.

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I said this last year and received criticism for it...

The signs have been there for quite some time; rumours were abound whilst he was still at the Villa.

As some might remember I used to live with a professional footballer and I knew a few others by association. Cocaine is rife, from the very top of English football.

Top players are protected by their clubs and they know well in advance of drug tests;it can be hidden in plain sight.

Not saying Jack's a gearhead, but I believe it's well known among players that tests are usually spaced out, so just after you've had a test you're pretty much free to get on it and no chance of testing positive in a few weeks.

I think the most famous cocaine positive test was Adrian Mutu at Chelsea, and that was largely driven by Chelsea who wanted rid of him + the compensation for breach of contract. If it's a key player, the clubs will happily cover it up.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Becoming a bit of a jester... The media will pump him up... only to tear him all the way back down if he ain't careful.

He's being celebrated now but I think alot of us have seen this movie before.

This isn't about being a " prude " or " He can do what he likes in his spare time " thing either.

ALL players do things in their spare time, but he seems to have abuse tendencies.

It's a slippery slope.

For me mate, I think most young, rich guys that have to be ultra professional during the season probably let their hair down and do the same, if not worse in the summer. The difference is most are doing it in private while Jack seems to be happy to do it in the public gaze.

I used that point to stick up for him when he was here so I’m not going to be a hypocrite know and change my tune, but I am slightly frustrated by how differently the media coverage is. Whilst here things like Tenerife incident were used as sticks to best him, now it’s being reported like he’s somehow become City’s court jester ‘fun guy Jack enjoying the celebrations’ 

That’s on the media not Jack, but it’s still frustrating. 

Just read an interesting quote:

"Regardless of how good of a day you had, Jack Grealish had a better day".

And I think as a 27 year old who came from nowhere to top of sporting fame, and wealth, you can't begrudge him that. 

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Just read an interesting quote:

"Regardless of how good of a day you had, Jack Grealish had a better day".

And I think as a 27 year old who came from nowhere to top of sporting fame, and wealth, you can't begrudge him that. 

Maybe youre right...

I can only wish him the best day...

I hope his career and life goes in the same way as Best and Gascoignes...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

I do find it ironic that the media are lapping this up, but they hammered Sterling for showing off his house or having a nice car lol

"Cool Britannia" as one ~40 year old bloke put it in a tweet a few pages up. 

Meanwhile, Rashford is currently getting hammered on social media (and I imagine in the rags) for advertising his book, coming off the best season of his career which even included a trophy.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm gonna be honest, he comes across as a bit of a prick.

I dunno, I find it funny and cringe worthy in equal measures

I joke that if villa won a cup final and I was at Wembley my missus would have to come down to London on the Tuesday and get me... He's not joking, that's literally what he's doing

The video of the guys getting the tram to the ground to join the celebrations and he's walking round topless by himself having the time of his life is hilarious

The photo of him on the bus topless in the rain will be used to symbolise his time there

The turkey stuff... Stupid

Â