The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

The more I look at it the worse it looks. You can see a fraction before there is contact rather than lift his right leg up out of the way he straightens it down to collide with Romero and then does a ridiculous salmon leap followed by “I could have been killed” type reaction to his own creation. He could have easily side stepped than leg but instead got a fellow pro sent off. He’s a prick.

HEJk2UJ.gif

Grealish stamped on Romero’s ankle with his left foot, and kicked his knee with his right shin. Grealish could have been booked for that :lol: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

The more I look at it the worse it looks. You can see a fraction before there is contact rather than lift his right leg up out of the way he straightens it down to collide with Romero and then does a ridiculous salmon leap followed by “I could have been killed” type reaction to his own creation. He could have easily side stepped than leg but instead got a fellow pro sent off. He’s a prick.

HEJk2UJ.gif

Grealish stamped on Romero’s ankle with his left foot, and kicked his knee with his right shin. Grealish could have been booked for that :lol: 

It's utterly pointless discussing this any further (and, even after several times saying "it's misleading looking at the slow motion", you post an EVEN SLOWER version)...

...but it's ludicrous what you're suggesting here.  I mean, the time lapse between Romero sticking his leg out there and Grealish going over is so **** slight.  Like 0.2 seconds or something.  And yet you think, despite Grealish only ever looking ahead at the ball, he's DELIBERATELY STAMPED ON ROMERO'S ANKLE and then KICKED HIS KNEE.

**** hell :D :D :D 

Romero has fouled him.  That's all that's happened.

Edited by bobzy

47 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

His conduct and theatrics after the foul to get Romero booked is utterly embarrassing 

HOW DARE HE GET PISSED OFF AT BEING FOULED WHEN RUNNING IN AN ATTACK.  WHAT A PRICK.  SO EMBARRASSING.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's utterly pointless discussing this any further (and, even after several times saying "it's misleading looking at the slow motion", you post an EVEN SLOWER version)...

...but it's ludicrous what you're suggesting here.  I mean, the time lapse between Romero sticking his leg out there and Grealish going over is so **** slight.  Like 0.2 seconds or something.  And yet you think, despite Grealish only ever looking ahead at the ball, he's DELIBERATELY STAMPED ON ROMERO'S ANKLE and then KICKED HIS KNEE.

**** hell :D :D :D 

Romero has fouled him.  That's all that's happened.

When did the rule about not looking at slow motion get introduced? :lol:

Guess what, it’s not illegal to put your leg out, it’s true, I checked.

Whatever happened it may have still been a foul. That’s also not to say Jack didn’t bother trying to side step the leg. Instead he did a hatrick of making she there was contact by straightening his leg to make a clash, diving like a tit and acting like a word removed. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whatever happened it may have still been a foul. That’s also not to say Jack didn’t bother trying to side step the leg. Instead he did a hatrick of making she there was contact by straightening his leg to make a clash, diving like a tit and acting like a word removed. 

There's no obligation for a player to alter their course of movement because an opponent attempts to tackle them and doesn't get the ball - if the attacker does do that, and that means another defender will get the ball, then a foul is generally not given by refs, which is why players pretty universally tend to just take the contact and "win" the foul. If Grealish had tried to avoid the leg, he'd have lost the ball, so that's why he did what he did. The other thing is that knowing there would be contact he absolutely does lift his back leg to avoid any serious injury (to either player), as there's no weight on it, all his weight is on his front foot which landed on the defenders stuck out foot (that doesn't remotely get anywhere close to winning the ball). It's a foul, as everyone agrees. His "fall" is pretty instinctive (for him) after a career of getting chopped or attempted to be chopped. It does look (and probably is) exaggerated, and the waving his arms and appealing to the ref is not to my liking, but on the other hand, he was running through towards goal and was impeded by the defender, when they were losing and needed to score. So...modern football.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

One of the best players to ever play in the Championship.  Looks like he might get to do it all again soon.

I wonder how many players have a generic wage cut if relegated clause in their contracts they never in a million years thought they’d have to worry about? 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a foul and a booking, Romero steps across him, does Jack welcome the contact? Of course.

And it's a sending off because Spurs did it all game.

You're all insane.

Both things are true. It's a yellow card all day, but Jack did the classic Ashley Young flop there just to milk it and be 100% sure. And you know what, he's right to do that because there's a chance these incompetent referees don't give the card unless given extreme visual confirmation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

His conduct and theatrics after the foul to get Romero booked is utterly embarrassing 

I'd be doing the same tbh. Romero is a genuinely nasty player and gets away with stuff regularly.

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd be doing the same tbh. Romero is a genuinely nasty player and gets away with stuff regularly.

That’s incidental. The foul wasn’t anything major and Jack is acting all Billy big bollocks trying to get him booked. It’s just cringe given how quick gets up from it to gesticulating for a card. If he does this against us I hope people aren’t so forgiving. 

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s incidental. The foul wasn’t anything major and Jack is acting all Billy big bollocks trying to get him booked. It’s just cringe given how quick gets up from it to gesticulating for a card. If he does this against us I hope people aren’t so forgiving. 

He did it for us and people were forgiving...

And like I said before kane does that every game, usually gets a free penalty for a lot less vs us

Its what football is

Romero's first yellow card was so stupid too, he deserved that. He's an incredibly reckless player. Just dives into everything. Kind of like his compatriot Martinez. Spurs fans only like him so much because their alternatives are Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Lenglet (see: United fans with Maguire et al).

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I mean if that's the criticism pretty much every player in the league gets up and gesticulates at the ref after they've been fouled.  That's totally ubiquitous in professional players. 

Jack is a symptom of a wider malaise in modern football - the manufacturing of contact when they could easily just glide past their man. Yes, Romero sticks his leg out, but Jack could easily pass and arguably gets himself into a better attacking position if he does. But alas, he switches feet and ensures he gets the contact and foul. Pep is notorious for instructing his players to dive and I imagine Jack would be reprimanded had he not done so, which is the bigger issue. So many players do it, it's something that I will never not criticise players for doing, Jack or otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Jack is a symptom of a wider malaise in modern football - the manufacturing of contact when they could easily just glide past their man. Yes, Romero sticks his leg out, but Jack could easily pass and arguably gets himself into a better attacking position if he does. But alas, he switches feet and ensures he gets the contact and foul. Pep is notorious for instructing his players to dive and I imagine Jack would be reprimanded had he not done so, which is the bigger issue. So many players do it, it's something that I will never not criticise players for doing, Jack or otherwise.

But he did exactly the same thing at villa!

Pep nor city have anything to do with it, he's always done it

Agree I won't single him out and criticise him for it, there are worse players in the league for it, kane, salah and Fernandes for a start but you won't see them called out for it for obvious reasons

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Romero's first yellow card was so stupid too, he deserved that. He's an incredibly reckless player. Just dives into everything. Kind of like his compatriot Martinez. Spurs fans only like him so much because their alternatives are Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Lenglet (see: United fans with Maguire et al).

This.

Don't blame Grealish at all, Romero is a dirty player and was putting it about against Villa too and could've been red carded.

• Like 1

Â