The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

42 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Pep is getting to the stage where he is having to cover, or it looks like he is being undermined by the players. Pure deflection I think and it wouldn't surprise me if behind closed doors he is fuming. Obviously the last incident and public flogging didn't deter JG as he's obviously pissed.

Yep - the video has been viewed 750k times already and more negative headlines. Whatever he says publicly will be the opposite behind the scenes. 

7 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Case for the defence your honour:

Maybe really he rarely drinks and therefore when he does have just a couple his tolerance is so low that it effects him more than most people and he ends up drunk.

Couple this with him being massively recognisable, being in a public place and everyone in the UK with a phone being effectively paparazzi.

Yeah I don't buy it either but am a sucker for playing devil's advocate 

I hardly drink now. But I went out at the weekend and had a lot - it was fantastic - and trust me I went through more than most people can. I was tipsy but nothing like Jack in that video.

I'm starting to feel concerned for him. I know of a sports-person through mutual connections who had a serious alcohol problem (I went on a night out a few times with them) and it was scary, it ruined his career - shockingly, the media didn't report much of it. 

I also work in an industry that deals with alcohol issues (and more which I cannot add as I am not suggesting there is more to JG) and I have had training (as I have to interview and write CS about people with trauma and issues with D&A) and I am honestly very concerned about JG right now, the signs seem like he has an issue.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I hardly drink now. But I went out at the weekend and had a lot - it was fantastic - and trust me I went through more than most people can. I was tipsy but nothing like Jack in that video.

I'm starting to feel concerned for him. I know of a sports-person through mutual connections who had a serious alcohol problem (I went on a night out a few times with them) and it was scary, it ruined his career - shockingly, the media didn't report much of it. 

I also work in an industry that deals with alcohol issues (and more which I cannot add as I am not suggesting there is more to JG) and I have had training (as I have to interview and write CS about people with trauma and issues with D&A) and I am honestly very concerned about JG right now, the signs seem like he has an issue.

There's Steven Caulker who openly admits drinking ruined his career. He's playing in Turkey right now at just 30. It wasn't long ago he was playing in the CL with Tottenham and Liverpool.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

There's Steven Caulker who openly admits drinking ruined his career. He's playing in Turkey right now at just 30. It wasn't long ago he was playing in the CL with Tottenham and Liverpool.

Drinking culture in the game is insane. Lots of money and plenty of time to spend it. There are many many players with issues.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i didn't mean that he wasn't doing it at villa, all i meant was that his activities seem to be much more 'public' now

i just think when he did this crap in his own city, where he was loved by many more people, his activites had less chance of being leaked, that's all. there appears to be more of a target on him now

He was also hated by many more people though.

35 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Drinking culture in the game is insane. Lots of money and plenty of time to spend it. There are many many players with issues.

I very much doubt the league provides much support either. I imagine like gambling a lot of it is brushed aside or dealt with informally due the potential financial backlash E.g. sponsorship 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not bad though ruining his (Jack) football career while picking £1m a month for six years.  Earning just over £70m for football alone without realising your potential.  Jack is going to pick up tons of medals with City without realising his own full football talent if he continues as he is, maybe that’s enough for him and he can still enjoy his laddish lifestyle off the pitch.  Plus the earnings from non-City football wages will be considerable.  He’s a moron but he’s going to be an incredibly rich moron.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I very much doubt the league provides much support either. I imagine like gambling a lot of it is brushed aside or dealt with informally due the potential financial backlash E.g. sponsorship 

Also the players are stars, have been all their life with everybody bowing down to them, they aren’t going to surround themselves with people that start to deny them luxuries or say no to them.  It’s only when that attention goes away at the end of their careers does it truly come crashing down on them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah but does he drink in town?

**** if that video was taken in town he’s dead to me. Everyone knows only Blues drink in town, obviously disrespecting the Villa by not drinking in the shires mate.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Honestly, I hope JG is ok. Yes I know he has tonnes of money, but mental health is important and anybody can suffer from issues which can lead to negative outcomes.

I really do hope he is ok. I want to protect him like we used to. 

He’ll be fine if it doesn’t affect anything. If it starts to, that’s when it could spiral fast. Depends if it’s really a problem or just having his cake though, and even that I guess is a blurry line.

Could be a storm in a teacup, who knows.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Also the players are stars, have been all their life with everybody bowing down to them, they aren’t going to surround themselves with people that start to deny them luxuries or say no to them.  It’s only when that attention goes away at the end of their careers does it truly come crashing down on them.

The last thing anyone wants is to see him end up like McCormack or similar ilk. 

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The last thing anyone wants is to see him end up like McCormack or similar ilk. 

Wasnt ross his drinking buddy at villa? Remember the drinking driving incident. He was after leaving Ross' apartment 

Â