The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's made fourteen appearance in the league and five appearances in the champions league, he's been rotated over Christmas, but he's hardly struggling for game time, he's played more than Phil Foden this season, and probably more than a lot of their other big name players as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

You’re right he will have at least a league winners medal in his cabinet come end of May but it will be like the reserve and third choice keepers who pick up trophies and medals - their CV’s look great but they haven’t contributed much to any of it. 

I imagine Jack (and his agency) will have expected him to have more of an impact this season.

Whilst he will have the medals, it must feel quite hollow as City could’ve done it without him. 

Fans will note that too especially because of his price tag…

I disagree mate. He played in most games up until him and Foden went out on the town. The last few weeks are a kick up the arse from the Manager, and I’m sure he’ll play a lot of games in the remainder of the season. The 3rd choice keeper is way off imo. 

Just now, av1 said:

I disagree mate. He played in most games up until him and Foden went out on the town. The last few weeks are a kick up the arse from the Manager, and I’m sure he’ll play a lot of games in the remainder of the season. The 3rd choice keeper is way off imo. 

Fair enough - but you cannot deny he hasn’t imposed himself or influenced any game he’s appeared in. 

He isn’t the same player that we had (admittedly tactics are a factor) and he cannot be satisfied with his output so far but will be happy with his earnings. 

I honestly think this transfer has backfired on him and his team. He was idolised at Villa and even got the England fan base behind him when Southgate was reluctant to select him.

His team just saw pound signs and he sold his soul, expecting the world to be given to him as he was treated like a ‘national treasure’ during the Euros. 

ManCity fans haven’t taken to him and the neutrals no longer like him as he’s at city… but at least he has a JDSports gig with big narstie…

• Like 1

I think it's just horses for courses 

And the first half showed pep was absolutely right in his decision, arsenal saw a lot of the ball, City did a lot of defensive work and from what I saw almost looked like a counter attacking team not a 70% possession team

It was a game for sterling not jack

Madness that pep has those options available 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Surely he cant be happy not playing. Yes hes got a good life and loads of money but for the first time I wonder whether he has made a mistake leaving Villa.  I wonder if he is having the same thoughts!

He threw his dummy out coming off with 2 mins to go when he was here so no doubt he’ll be pissed off

2 hours ago, av1 said:

He is definitely a better a football player than Sterling,

But being a better player doesn’t mean you are better for the team. Whilst at Villa if you offered me a straight swap between Sterling and Jack I would have laughed at you, but City are different. They have many players like Jack, they don’t have many players like Sterling. 

Jack is a better player yes, but I can see why Sterling is getting more minutes at City. 

He's not. Sterling's much better.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He's not. Sterling's much better.

He’s not. JG before his move was better than Sterling.

Sterling’s decision making is poor, his assists were inferior, given the choice I’d have JG over RS.

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I disagree. Sterling wouldnt trap a bag of cement, 50p feet. He's fast, that's all. 

You don't survive in a pep team for this long if you don't have technical ability. 

You are talking non sense. 

Sterling is a better footballer than Grealish. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You don't survive in a pep team for this long if you don't have technical ability. 

You are talking non sense. 

Sterling is a better footballer than Grealish. 

I’d much prefer to have grealish in my team than Sterling tbh. When on top form grealish is way more creative has far more influence on the game. Sterling’s main strength is his movement and finishing but he needs others to create for him 

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I disagree. Sterling wouldnt trap a bag of cement, 50p feet. He's fast, that's all. 

To be honest, I hate when people exaggerate to make their point.

If " He's fast, that's all " he wouldn't be a professional Footballer for one of the best clubs in the world.

Also, Football scouts would just start going to the Athletics track instead of looking for players at others football clubs. As there are many " fast " people.

Jack and Sterling are simply different " types " of player.

For a team which wants to break away quickly etc, it's obvious which is more effective.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest, I hate when people exaggerate to make their point.

If " He's fast, that's all " he wouldn't be a professional Footballer for one of the best clubs in the world.

Also, Football scouts would just start going to the Athletics track instead of looking for players at others football clubs. As there are many " fast " people.

Jack and Sterling are simply different " types " of player.

For a team which wants to break away quickly etc, it's obvious which is more effective.

City isn't your typical counter attacking team though. Good chunk of their goals comes from a slow build up. 

Sterling has proved he can adapt to any system. 

Class player. Take him at Villa ahead of Grealish every day of the week. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He does well for England scoring wise

England who play garbage opponents for 97% of all their games.

He's very lucky to be in the squad. On performance he shouldn't be. But of course, as we know, the manager is a moron with his fixed favourites.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah they're the 2 I'd have as competing with him, someone might say what about Barry but come on there's not that tingle associated with him and then jack is at a time where like I said we're celebrating Hutton, we're celebrating gabby 

But that said when all is said and done Jack will end with a better a career than young and Benteke 

Better than Young?! That will be a great career if he does, don’t see it myself, cost £100 million and doesn’t even get off the subs bench pretty often.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's very lucky to be in the squad. On performance he shouldn't be. But of course, as we know, the manager is a moron with his fixed favourites.

Yeah but he’s fairly prolific goal scorer for England and he can only score against whose put in front of him.  I’m not a Sterling’s fan but he does the business for England more so than most and I can’t agree he’s lucky to be in the squad, he deserves his spot.

As for Jack I’m not sure he deserves an England spot at the moment.  We havent seen anything to deserve a spot since the beginning of the year and that’s due to injury and then poor form.  He needs to knuckle down and play well before getting back into the England team but as we know the moron England manager will pick him now he’s a City player whatever form Jack is in or even whether he’s playing for City.

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yet Grealish has managed what. 1 goal in 11 games or so for England?

Edited by villalad21

Â