The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 hours ago, JoeB said:

Thought Jack was excellent yesterday, but does anybody know what the beef is with Baker!? That was a crunching tackle

I expect it’s just that Baker Knows how talented Jack is, from his time here, and wanted to either hurt him or scare him out of the game a bit. It doesn’t work though as Jack is used to it ever since his time at Notts County when he was smashed by everyone but always dusted himself off and carried on. He’s a tough bugger!

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he had more pace he would be a beast.

Without it, I see him being more of a Gareth Barry, Lee Hendrie (When good) etc than a fully midfield dynamo.

Have to say he does look a lot quicker. 

I forgot but read that lallana was playing in the championship at jacks age. I could see Grealish going on to have a similar career. Be nice if it was with us though

• Like 2

21 hours ago, av1 said:

I don't there is a beef, more just down to how young Nathan plays. 

Part of the reason I rated him actually, just surprised to see him go in so hard on an ex teammate

15 hours ago, stegzy said:

I expect it’s just that Baker Knows how talented Jack is, from his time here, and wanted to either hurt him or scare him out of the game a bit. It doesn’t work though as Jack is used to it ever since his time at Notts County when he was smashed by everyone but always dusted himself off and carried on. He’s a tough bugger!

You're probably right, aside from the tackle it was nice to see him stay on his feet a bit more. Must have gained in confidence as well as strength, he was able to utilise it against Bristol 

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he had more pace he would be a beast.

Without it, I see him being more of a Gareth Barry, Lee Hendrie (When good) etc than a fully midfield dynamo.

At the top level lack of pace is an issue.

He had no problem sprinting away from the Bristol City players as we saw with the third goal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

At the top level lack of pace is an issue.

He had no problem sprinting away from the Bristol City players as we saw with the third goal.

Well he almost got caught to be fair.

Imagine him with Traores pace.

Mouthwatering. lol

However as some else above said, he does look quicker and stronger.

Just listened to a podcast where Palace fans are complaining about Benteke not having passion for the club and Stoke fans complaining that Shakiri doesn't try at all or love the club. 

We have bought a lot of players who don't really care about this club. And you could see it in their performances.

It is so refreshing to see Jack play for villa. Imo he really cares and wants the team to win. He makes a few mistakes but he has been my man of the match 3 times in a row. 

I hope he can continue this form and achieve something similar to Kane at Spurs or Gerrard at Liverpool who are also local lads who loved their club. 

I guess my point is that you can't underestimate the impact a talented local lad  can have on a club. I'm excited!

• Like 4

On 03/01/2018 at 14:01, Danishlad said:

Just listened to a podcast where Palace fans are complaining about Benteke not having passion for the club and Stoke fans complaining that Shakiri doesn't try at all or love the club. 

We have bought a lot of players who don't really care about this club. And you could see it in their performances.

It is so refreshing to see Jack play for villa. Imo he really cares and wants the team to win. He makes a few mistakes but he has been my man of the match 3 times in a row. 

I hope he can continue this form and achieve something similar to Kane at Spurs or Gerrard at Liverpool who are also local lads who loved their club. 

I guess my point is that you can't underestimate the impact a talented local lad  can have on a club. I'm excited!

He is a real talent. If it keeps it up it's a matter of time a big club will come calling. 

The one thing he really needs to work on is urgency when he has the ball.

He's still a bit pedestrian which makes him less effective than he could be.

Still from what I've seen he's improved this since he came back and if he can add a bit more drive he'd be really very good at this level.

• 2 weeks later...

Another good performance this evening. When I saw him lying comatose on a street in [?] Ibiza a couple of years ago I really feared that our Jack was spiralling downwards uncontrollably. 

But now I dare to hope he has un-messed his head and is going to show us what some always believed he was capable of.

Although immensely unfashionable to say such a thing, I have a sneaky feeling that Steve Bruce has handled him better than a succession of more Villatalk-favoured managers sucky as Garde, RDM.

12 minutes ago, Dick said:

Maturing

Yes attitude has totally changed from two years ago.  Gets fouled and just gets up and on with it.  Ones things for sure, we will have bother keeping hold of him if we dont get promtoed.

• Like 1

Â