The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Good to have him back in the fold, big role he has this season.

Edit: What I mean by this is we saw in the MON era it can't just be signing as many players as possible who can run 100mph all over the pitch, we need players on the pitch who can slow the tempo of the game down for a second and pick out a pass. Look at the Mata pass for the Januazj goal as an example.

So amongst all the pace and running about of Traore, Gabby, Sinclair, Ayew etc we need a player or two in the final third who can take their time, keep hold of the ball and play it through to the striker.

Jack will be tasked with that, I think he's up to it and we'll also get cameos from Gil.

Edited by VillaChris

We will not be debuting a 17 year old centre back. At least I bloody hope not.

It depends.  86th minute while 3-0 to give him a taste.  I think that kind of debut, knowing Sherwood, is probably likely at some point.  Not quite yet though.

there's a very good bunch aged 16-19 years old at the minute

Where have I read that before?

you always have to knitpick my posts, don't you? whenever i see one of your posts, I can almost guarantee that you'll be quoting one of my posts, it is a very good bunch in my opinion, 2 of the group have already featured for the first team or been in the squad

you always have to knitpick my posts, don't you? whenever i see one of your posts, I can almost guarantee that you'll be quoting one of my posts, it is a very good bunch in my opinion, 2 of the group have already featured for the first team or been in the squad

Right but all I'm saying is that you've been saying similar for 5/6 years since I came on here, regarding the youth team. Very little worthwhile has materialised.

It's ok to have your opinion. In a way it's admirable because it's bold but if you sit back and really think about villas ability to transfer youth to the first team with any great effect, then I don't think you'd be as optimistic.

We will not be debuting a 17 year old centre back. At least I bloody hope not.

He's 18 in January, he could play in the cup competitions, we've got a very good young group at the minute, quite possibly the best we've ever had

In VT terms, he's fast approaching 35 and is well past it then.

Right but all I'm saying is that you've been saying similar for 5/6 years since I came on here, regarding the youth team. Very little worthwhile has materialised.

It's ok to have your opinion. In a way it's admirable because it's bold but if you sit back and really think about villas ability to transfer youth to the first team with any great effect, then I don't think you'd be as optimistic.

I mean, it is of course possible that the next generation will be better than the last, and past experience may not be a perfect predictor of the future . . . 

I mean, it is of course possible that the next generation will be better than the last, and past experience may not be a perfect predictor of the future . . .

Yep, but tbh, past experience with Football is usually a decent indicator.

I never lose hope, nothing give me more of a buzz than seeing a young player come through the academy and make it in the first team, I know it's extremely rare but Grealish has done fantastically, Clark is now a very good premier league defender, I first saw him in a youth cup game in 2006, he was 17 and was outstanding, I was only 15 at the time but I could tell that we had a good player on our hands there, we have numerous players from our academy that have made careers for themselves in the lower leagues also, the academy is still producing in my opinion

Â