The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Risso,  I get the feeling you dont like Lambert.  I may be wrong perhaps you could clarify in a few more posts for me!

Other than you, who does?

Me.

I don't think he should be our manager. But I don't dislike him

• Like 2

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9688128/forest-in-talks-with-villa-about-a-loan-deal-for-grealish

Nottingham Forest are in talks with Aston Villa over a loan deal for winger Jack Grealish, according to Sky sources.

Villa may be willing to allow Grealish to leave after ​Scott Sinclair's completed a season-loan loan deal from Manchester City.

Forest manager Stuart Pearce has expressed an interest in signing highly-rated Grealish, who spent a loan spell with city rivals Notts County last season.

Grealish, who was born in Birmingham and qualifies to play for England, has played six times for the Republic of Ireland U21s but caused some controversy when he declared himself unavailable to play for Martin O'Neill's senior side.

The 19-year-old signed a four-year deal at Villa Park last September but has failed to break into Paul Lambert's struggling side.

Rather we sent him to Derby on loan over Forest!! as Derby play much better football and have a better manager in.

He needs to play games and get roughed up a bit. A loan to Championship side for 6 months would be a great move for him IMO.

Agree, and above all I think he needs to get into a goalscoring mindset. It's all very well to trot about winning free kicks, but he should aim to be a lot more heroic than that. He has the talent, so let's see him become the kind of player who can score hat tricks.

He needs to play games and get roughed up a bit. A loan to Championship side for 6 months would be a great move for him IMO.

Yup. He passed the 'league one' test with flying colours. For whatever reason even when we were crying out for a creative midfielder this season Lambert refused to use him, other than for the few weeks while we were trying to convince him to commit to us (me? cynical?). IMV we've treated him fairly poorly since that point. Going to a competitive team at the top of the Championship would be ideal. But if not then Forest would be the next best thing taz.gif
  • Like 2

He didn't refuse to use him though. He's got a fair few minutes under his belt.

The problem is, he hasn't looked good enough for many, if any, of those minutes.

Needs game time.

Agree, and above all I think he needs to get into a goalscoring mindset. It's all very well to trot about winning free kicks, but he should aim to be a lot more heroic than that. He has the talent, so let's see him become the kind of player who can score hat tricks.

So there you have it Jack , no bloody trotting , and nothing but hat - tricks , all thats left is a manager to let you loose .

Needs to be stronger, improve decision making, retain possession better and be more positive when on the ball for the first team. Has great potential but needs to start showing it, a loan move is definitely the best option for him now. He's clearly not ready for premiership football yet, had plenty of chances and no other prem club are coming in for him on loan. Needs to improve quickly though as he's not a baby anymore, look at sterling!

Â