The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I hope to god he and Zog play next season, our midfield without them and over reliance on Weimann and Gabby to provide width will see us get murdered over and over again.

If people thing we'll get more than four decent games out of joe cole next season-then they're being very optimistic.

Grealish is just 18 and is better than most of what we have already.

Last night he seemed to drop deep and want to start a lot of moves. He'd pass the ball to people and make great runs into the area but the other players coudn't pick him out (or didn't even notice he'd made the run). This is the type of thing you just don't really notice when watching a game on TV/Stream. He was very good last night. I thought he was better than N'Zogbia too. Got a very good football brain on him. Head and shoulders above all the other academy players. Can see that instantly. 

• Like 4

What I love the most with Jack is the fast one touch passes he does with other people instead of standing still and watching around him like the majority of the squad does. He wants to prove himself and after what I've seen of him I really think he deserves to play a part this season. Jack is also always on the move and players often find him, great ball control as well. Offer him a new contract already!!  

Need to sort this deal out. To lose someone like this on a free would be heartbreaking.

Can't lose anyone under 23 on a free.

No you just get a joke of a compensation figure.

£2m and £1m if he goes on to get 100 Irish caps.

Which means I was technically correct, and as we all know, that is the best kind of correct.

He was a breath of fresh air against chesterfield.

Constantly wanting the ball, always on the move, looking to take players on, always seemed to know where he was gonna pass before he received the ball.

Almost a real swagger to his play.

Looking forward to seeing more of him this year

(Short) piece on the BBC Sport site saying Paul Lambert has "challenged Jack to break into the first team".  Encouraging?

As I've said before, Lambert comes across as a good man manager to me. He won't want Jack getting ahead of himself, especially if he does plan to involve him a fair bit this season.

Lambert is a very good man manager in my eyes, knows how to take the pressure off the players in public and says the right things to encourage them.

Off topic but….A good man manager!!!   FFS, what are you basing that on?  Is there even a single example of this?  No offence but I'd say you need your eyes checked

B) 

Edited by Villastine
  • Like 2

Jesus, you seem so pissed off. Like seriously its a friendly.

So what your doing is questioning an 18 year olds performance who come off the bench and got himself a goal despite being the youngest on the pitch...Wow.

Go kick a ball around or something and come back with a clear head.

Good grief, talk about an over reaction, were you on the beer last night or something ?

All I said, was I thought he had an average game against Chesterfield LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ... WOW! 

I gather you're related to Jack somehow, well if you found that too critical you're going to need a much thicker skin if (as we all hope) the lad progresses to playing weekly

So what your doing is questioning an 18 year olds performance who come off the bench and got himself a goal despite being the youngest on the pitch...Wow.

Good grief, talk about an over reaction, were you on the beer last night or something ?

All I said, was I thought he had an average game against Chesterfield LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ... WOW! 

I gather you're related to Jack somehow, well if you found that too critical you're going to need a much thicker skin if (as we all hope) the lad progresses to playing weekly

To be fair to Kevan I don't think that's an overreaction at all, it was a good humoured post and he makes a good point that the lad is 18, came off the bench and scored. I didn't see the game but a lot of people weren't using average to describe his performance.

• Like 1

To be fair to Kevan I don't think that's an overreaction at all, it was a good humoured post and he makes a good point that the lad is 18, came off the bench and scored. I didn't see the game but a lot of people weren't using average to describe his performance.

And ANYBODY that watches a game has the right to call it as they see it. No problem with that at all

And if he'd been slagged off then fair enough i'd expect a family member to stick up for him (i do myself when my relative plays) but he wasn't/hasn't been. Hence i didn't see the need to say i seemed pissed off. Pissed off with what?

It was a friendly that warranted nothing more than sharing views on the performance with fellow supporters

Â