The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So much hope around this kid. Want to see him around the first team this yr, we need to sort that contract out soon.

So much hope around this kid. Want to see him around the first team this yr, we need to sort that contract out soon.

JimmyTwoTimes.jpeg

• Like 2

I have to be honest, having watched the game last night on AVTV I thought Grealish did very little to show he's the second coming some see to suggest

N'Zogbia was about the only bright spot i took from the game, and even he only shone for about 25 minutes

A lost of em need to go out on loan at a decent level Championship club to see if they can cut it. Gardner, Johnson and especially Carruthers really failed to show anything at all

Hope Walsall next Tuesday is a better showing from all concerned

I have to be honest, having watched the game last night on AVTV I thought Grealish did very little to show he's the second coming some see to suggest

N'Zogbia was about the only bright spot i took from the game, and even he only shone for about 25 minutes

A lost of em need to go out on loan at a decent level Championship club to see if they can cut it. Gardner, Johnson and especially Carruthers really failed to show anything at all

Hope Walsall next Tuesday is a better showing from all concerned

Second coming? No, bit early for that, but he's clearly got talent and IMO he's ready to start playing first team football in the PL this season - albeit that it may only be from the bench initially. Given that the kid is 18 that's decent going. From what I've seen of him I'm pretty confident he'll make an impression in this league. 

I agree with you on the others. Carruthers & Johnson will never make it here, and Gardner desperately needs a season of regular football and should go on loan. 

He's not a player who is going to win us a game by himself, yet, but I thought when the right players played next to him he was decent enough and did some good things taking the ball forward and making chances....petulant though.

Did well enough last night considering he's a kid and the team around him isn't he best.

Need to sort this deal out. To lose someone like this on a free would be heartbreaking.

Can't lose anyone under 23 on a free.

No you just get a joke of a compensation figure.

£2m and £1m if he goes on to get 100 Irish caps.

Need to sort this deal out. To lose someone like this on a free would be heartbreaking.

Can't lose anyone under 23 on a free.

No you just get a joke of a compensation figure.

£2m and £1m if he goes on to get 100 Irish caps.

Can't be a high figure though otherwise the lower leagues would get a fair price for their young players, plus then there's more risk for top Premiership clubs and they don't make enough to cover losses  :unsure:

Not sure how he can be slagged off really. The whole team didn't play well in general. The only two positives for me were Nzogbia looking sharp for a period of time and Jack as well. They were the only 2 players on the pitch that put a proper shift in. 

We need to sort out his contract as a matter of priority! I'd honestly be devastated if we lost him. 

I agree, Jack needs to show consistency, the likes of which we see week in week out from Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia.

Likes of which we see week in week out from Gabby, Weimann and N'Zogbia.

are you for real??

gabby is consistently shite for 10 games then has 1 good game to stop being dropped

weimann was a walking piece of mediocrity for pretty much the whole of last season

nzogbia hasnt played week in week out last year - he had a good 2 months at the end of lamberks 1st season

Another point to make is that when it comes to being difficult to get off the ball or holding the ball up strength is by no means the be all and end all.

The likes of Silva and Pirlo are almost impossible to dispossess because they always have the ball where they want it and there body between ball and defender.

Someone like Gabby is strong as an Ox but regularly loses the ball cheaply because his technique lets him down.

Â