The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What the ****?

Lovely twist of my post though. - Go and read it again.

Have you heard of things called transfer windows, Yes?

:rolleyes:

Jesus mate, chill out. I haven't twisted anything.

I've heard there could be a release clause in the summer (If we dont go up) hence why I didn't mention that and i agree its a possibility he could leave.

But you've mentioned it being possible in Jan and I was interested as to where you've got this information from thats all. 

1 minute ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

Jesus mate, chill out. I haven't twisted anything.

I've heard there could be a release clause in the summer (If we dont go up) hence why I didn't mention that and i agree its a possibility he could leave.

But you've mentioned it being possible in Jan and I was interested as to where you've got this information from thats all. 

Sorry pal. I read your post after just having a run in with the courier. - My apologies for the heated reply mate. 🤚

From what I gather, Jack signed a new contract at the start of the season with a release clause after the antics of Spurs over the summer. The clause is subject to anywhere between £40-£60m (depending what you read), and wether that is needing triggered with non-promotional factor I am not too sure. I just know we won't be getting our pants pulled down on his valuation.

The contract Delph signed years ago made everyone feel he was staying.. only for days later give us a big F U and joins Man City.

Hope I explained that better this time mate.  😙

• Like 1

It's an interesting one, not least because we clearly have missed him these last few games,  but we have also coped. I don't him to go and don't think he will, but he admitted he was 'disappointed' in the summer, so not ridiculous to think he would find a new approach hard to resist. And if we get some money, I'd trust Smith and Suso to find some suitable replacements.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry pal. I read your post after just having a run in with the courier. - My apologies for the heated reply mate. 🤚

From what I gather, Jack signed a new contract at the start of the season with a release clause after the antics of Spurs over the summer. The clause is subject to anywhere between £40-£60m (depending what you read), and wether that is needing triggered with non-promotional factor I am not too sure. I just know we won't be getting our pants pulled down on his valuation.

The contract Delph signed years ago made everyone feel he was staying.. only for days later give us a big F U and joins Man City.

Hope I explained that better this time mate.  😙

No worries ✌️

And I assume it will be a non-promotional clause at the end of the season (If reports are believed to be true that there is one) and I agree it will be for some big money if it comes to that. 

But yes i understand footballs changing dramatically and players just arent committed as they used to be to clubs. Prime e.g being Delph but I can't see Jack doing that personally. 

Lets hope we don't need to worry about that and we get promoted this year anyway ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

No worries ✌️

And I assume it will be a non-promotional clause at the end of the season (If reports are believed to be true that there is one) and I agree it will be for some big money if it comes to that. 

But yes i understand footballs changing dramatically and players just arent committed as they used to be to clubs. Prime e.g being Delph but I can't see Jack doing that personally. 

Lets hope we don't need to worry about that and we get promoted this year anyway ! 

Fingers crossed.

fwiw, I think he will see the season out with us personally and go back up with us to the PL as he is one of our crucial figures in our promotion charge.

2 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

Did Smith not say he was expecting him to be back at some point over Christmas?

Apparently, but in the last presser he also said his injury was confusing medical team as the couldn't pinpoint what the actual problem was.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Can't see Spurs spending anything this season if they weren't prepared to in the summer, and with the stadium running over. In fact, why would a notoriously tight club spend anything when they are doing so well? Jack will be down the list on their priorities at the moment, and one Jack Grealish signing will not sway Potchetino's mind on the Man Utd job either. 

stadium is finished it's just the fire safety system needs sorting.  If his release is more than £25m though we may be safe. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep, 5 year contract that supposedly has a minimum £45m RC atleast.

Which is why I don't see anyone buying him in 2019, if we don't go up. As much as I like the kid, he hasn't done enough this season to justify that kind of price tag.  James Maddison cost Leicester 20-25 million last summer and many on here laughed at him being massively over priced.  I've seen him play several times this season and he is a brilliant player who looks like a bargain for that price.  The biggest difference between Maddison and Grealish is that Jack doesn't dominate games enough.  He plays slick passes and wins fouls consistently, but he doesn't make enough runs off the ball, finish off his chances, or work hard enough when we don't have possession of the ball.  Some of that has improved under Smith, but he still needs another 1-2 seasons of consistency with us before someone will spend that kind of money on him.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently, but in the last presser he also said his injury was confusing medical team as the couldn't pinpoint what the actual problem was.

It’s still confusing them. Another scan scheduled for 2 weeks time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shin injury maybe?

Maybe. There seems to be a lot of confusion about the nature of the injury.  Furthermore, Smith mentioned it could be a complication related to the soleus muscle, which is located within posterior compartment of the leg. This would indicate that perhaps shin pads wouldn't have helped. However, more robust shine protection wouldn't have hindered this aggravation for sure. I'm sure I read that he wears his socks low, with subsequent small pads, due not being able to remove his socks post-game once. Personally I'd rather he's as comfortable and unrestricted as possible in game. Moreover, it's not unheard of players to wear socks low; see Muller, Totti, Hamsik etc.

7 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I'm sure I read that he wears his socks low, with subsequent small pads, due not being able to remove his socks post-game once. 

Maybe as good a time as any to reduce those calf raises to sets of 600ish!

• Haha 1

Â