The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Don't get me wrong i would love him to kick on and turn some of his exciting runs into goals & assists. If he could give us the same volume of goals & asissts as someone like Snodgrass he would make a real difference but at the moment he is an exciting luxury player that doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as pretty much all of our other midfielders

10 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Jack has the ability to draw opposition players towards him when he dribbles the ball, and he then takes them out of the game by drifting past them, which in a better team the other players will reap the benefits. He doesn't get the protection he should get in the Championship to be fair, if he were playing in the PL for one of the Sky 6 the opposition wouldn't be able to kick him so regularly without reprisal from the referee.

I don't doubt that this isn't part of his problem here too.In a team of players that generally seem happy/comfortable slowly passing it sideways & backwards he stands out a mile as the one person likely to start running at people so he gets double marked & kicked up in the air time after time. Stick him in that Spurs team and there are far more dangerous players on the pitch for the opposition to worry about so he wouldn't get anywhere near the same treatment as if they tried to put 2 on him Eriksen, Alli, Kane etc would have a field day

Edited by LakotaDakota

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Dreading the team sheet coming out and him not being on it.

If he's not in the team it's the club saying they aren't willing to risk him as he is out the door. 

I'd be sad to see Jack go and even more worried to see how SB would reinvest. 

8 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

If he's not in the team it's the club saying they aren't willing to risk him as he is out the door. 

I'd be sad to see Jack go and even more worried to see how SB would reinvest. 

and if he is in the team it's only because they want to put him in the shop window live on sky!

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Starting, but that doesn't mean he's definitely going to be here in a week's time to be fair.

Him not playing would be far more of a hint than him playing is, at least we can assume nothings been agreed yet

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, most likely akin to when Milner started (and scored) against West Ham, we all knew he was off.

Well this is a little bit different in that Grealish's departure is nowhere near as inevitable as Milner's was at that time but yeah, that's what I was thinking of too.

Just now, Mantis said:

Well this is a little bit different in that Grealish's departure is nowhere near as inevitable as Milner's was at that time but yeah, that's what I was thinking of too.

I disagree, will be amazed if he's still here at the end of the window.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I disagree, will be amazed if he's still here at the end of the window.

That's your opinion, but I distinctly remember virtually everyone accepting that Milner was going when he played his last game. With Grealish, it's far less clear-cut. I certainly wouldn't bet on it either way.

46 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think it's inevitable now, spurs quite obviously want him and a fee will be agreed I'd think. 

The only thing that can stop it is Grealish himself but I don't see it happening. 

I wasn't dreading not seeing his name on the team sheet, I fully expected him to start irrespective of where the transfer was up to. I'm dreading a long and emotional clapping of the away fans at the end of the game. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Jesus some of you are mental...

If he's not in the team it's a sign.....

If he is in the team it's a sign.....

Jack could literally score a goal, grab a fans phone whilst celebrating and get a gif of Leonardo Di Caprio from the wolf of wall street  saying "I'm not f@#@%ng leaving". 

Then score the winner in the last minute and as a celebration get Hutton to tattoo on his forehead "I'm not leaving" 

Then in the post match interview answer every question as "I'm not leaving" and you would still be sceptical!

For the record that's 11/1 request a bet  

• Like 1

Â