The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

Guess how many younger players were even remotely regular in the first team in 14/15 or 15/16 ?

14/15 - One player.  Grealish. Next youngest regular was Okore, 3 years his senior.

15/16 - One player.  Grealish.  Next youngest were Okore, Veretout & Gil, 3 years his senior.

So while the environment may have been just as poisonous for everyone, there was only one youngster having to develop and perform in the spotlight of that omnishambles of a first team in that environment and being judged accordingly by everyone.

Sometimes they're not excuses.  Sometimes they're just reasons.

Maybe I should hAve specified but I was implying to most youngsters training with first team. But that still is a interesting state as I wasn't aware of it.

Have to say though this is what his 3rd season now as a first team regular? I am afraid he can't keep hiding under being a "youngster"

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe I should hAve specified but I was implying to most youngsters training with first team. But that still is a interesting state as I wasn't aware of it.

Have to say though this is what his 3rd season now as a first team regular? I am afraid he can't keep hiding under being a "youngster"

Concede the point though. You said a lot of younger players. There simply weren't. Stop demonising him. Yes he's his own worst enemy but he's had a terrible environment. He's hiding under being a youngster until he's no longer a youngster. He's still a youngster whether his critics like it or not. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Concede the point though. You said a lot of younger players. There simply weren't. Stop demonising him. Yes he's his own worst enemy but he's had a terrible environment. He's hiding under being a youngster until he's no longer a youngster. He's still a youngster whether his critics like it or not. 

Hmm Andre green made two appearances last season? John lyden has made 4 appearances in 2015, rusden-Murphy made 3 appearances in 2015. So regardless they were training with first team as well despite making such few appearances.

and to your point veretout if anything had it just as difficult, coming into a new country under a clown manager in Sherwood and he suffered. I am not demonising him, I am critising him like any player that does not consistently perform for our club. When he starts doing that he will get the praise he deserves.

would rather have adomah in the side instead of him anyway based on current form.

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm Andre green made two appearances last season? John lyden has made 4 appearances in 2015, rusden-Murphy made 3 appearances in 2015. So regardless they were training with first team as well despite making such few appearances.

and to your point veretout if anything had it just as difficult, coming into a new country under a clown manager in Sherwood and he suffered. I am not demonising him, I am critising him like any player that does not consistently perform for our club. When he starts doing that he will get the praise he deserves.

would rather have adomah in the side instead of him anyway based on current form.

All responses to points that were never made. I'll leave it there. I see what we're doing here :):thumb:

2 hours ago, BOF said:

All responses to points that were never made. I'll leave it there. I see what we're doing here :):thumb:

Indeed we won't agree on this one for time being mate but I'll be happy to hold my hands up if he improves from here on onwards

i like eating humble pie if it means villa are doing better :D

Grealish came on for the second 45. Considering how dominant England were he really didn't do much at all, bit disappointing. 

One player though I'd like us to consider getting in on loan this summer is Loftus-Cheek. Very good midfielder but he seriously needs game time now. Could be excellent in the Championship. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Grealish came on for the second 45. Considering how dominant England were he really didn't do much at all, bit disappointing. 

One player though I'd like us to consider getting in on loan this summer is Loftus-Cheek. Very good midfielder but he seriously needs game time now. Could be excellent in the Championship. 

Interesting views on Jack, I couldn't agree more on Loftus-Cheek

15 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Got an assist tbf.

• Like 1

Â