The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Completely agree, this media stuff from the club is shocking. I wouldn't boo him but if fans want to then no issue, I think it will just fuel him to perform though. Get into him like we would any opposition player but at the end of the game clap him off.

You had me until this bit here…

This bit confused me…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Why are we trying to give alleged arch shagger extraordinaire extra positive PR? He will get lots of positive press from this regardless of result and the media will use any excuse to bash us. 

exactly. the whole thing only serves to make us look bad and have rival fans call us bitter

24 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The post on the OS is so cringe also. That tweet alone was bad enough. Bad, bad optics. 

i thought it was just a tweet! but no, an OS article, an insta post and a FB post. jeez...

In the England Scotland game in the euros mcginn told his teammates to compliment jack on the pitch and tell him how great he is because he knows jack thrives off the hate.

I reckon this is just the club taking that theory to the next level! :detect:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

You had me until this bit here…

This bit confused me…

It's what I'd do if Jack decided to clap all 4 sides of the ground at the end of the game like he said he would, not expecting many to do it back though.

He did a lot for the club, he didn't hand in a transfer request, he didn't refuse to play/train, he never went to the press. Barry, Downing both caused much more of an issue when they left, Barry got booed all game then clapped off at the end when he came back IIRC.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We found the Twitter admin 😉

Haha

i wouldn’t mind but it’s on Instagram and FB as well.  The social media admin person is off their heads at the moment in not reading the room!  Either they wanted the attention, not a football fan or support another team…it’s embarrassing how off note this now looks.

48 minutes ago, a m ole said:

“Delighted to see Sarah and her new boyfriend getting engaged! All the best @Sarah and thanks for the memories! PS do you have my favourite Snoopy mug?”

"P.P.S. You're always welcome back to me when she thinks you're too old. You'll never be too old for me. D.S."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Barry got booed all game then clapped off at the end when he came back IIRC.

Dunno about that, I remember him getting dogs abuse and loads of fans even took fake money to wave around at him.  Our lot don't seem to take rejection very well.

Funny how he mentions coming back one day on the week we play them. **** him. Whilst he plays for another team in the UK he's fair game for slating imo.  Especially tonight. Anyone thinking it's not going to affect him getting slaughtered by the VP crowd is mistaken. It will bother him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

He's a club legend (despite what the bitter folk on here would have you believe), grew up a villa fan, joined the academy, broke through to the first team, got us promoted singlehandedly and brought £100m into the club by signing a new contract when he didn't really have to. 

The vitriol he gets on here continues to baffle me. Best of luck to him and I hope he gets a great reception back at VP.  Good to see the club acknowledge his huge contribution.

Best of luck to him, just not on the day. They should have kept it in the drafts until after the game. As much as they want to keep saying it, he's not going to get a good reception let's be real.

Â