The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No judgment honestly!

What do mean you aren’t there?

Not in Birmingham or UK?

Not going to Villa Park?

Not watching Villa games on tv?

Just interested…reminded me of a couple of posts from last season post matches where I was reading some fans commenting.  One said, I haven’t watched the game but (and then went on to give his opinion), I was taken back and then a different day another fan said I have watched them this season but (then gave his opinion about the state of affairs down Villa).

So I’m always interested where people’s perspectives come from.  This isn’t about one fan being better than another although the fans above surely can’t have reasonable thoughts on the game if they haven’t watched it.  I know my thoughts were just as valid when I watched Villa in Sydney when I lived there as they are now I’m back in Brum.

I’m not there emotionally, I thought in context that was kind of clear 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Off Topic but I have never heard anyone says anything remotely like this - and after reading it about 8 times I have actually no idea what you're on about :D

I have been drinking though 

Pay attention lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m not there emotionally, I thought in context that was kind of clear 

Im probably same as yourself, dont think im bothered enough to be emotional but i can definitely see both sides of the argument 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Im probably same as yourself, dont think im bothered enough to be emotional but i can definitely see both sides of the argument 

I was gutted he left and everyone else no doubt is, I don't really get the anger that Jack wanted to go play Champions League football or the nitpicking at everything he has or hasn't said before or since.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was gutted he left and everyone else no doubt is, I don't really get the anger that Jack wanted to go play Champions League football or the nitpicking at everything he has or hasn't said before or since.

I think we are in the social media/ everybody is offended age. I do think his PR team could have done a much better exit plan but I think his agent doesn't want him associated with Villa and was always desperate for him to leave

The club also were quick to shut the door on him so I do think they werent happy behind the scenes. I dont even think he got a farewell video tweet 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think we are in the social media/ everybody is offended age. I do think his PR team could have done a much better exit plan but I think his agent doesn't want him associated with Villa and was always desperate for him to leave

The club also were quick to shut the door on him so I do think they werent happy behind the scenes. I dont even think he got a farewell video tweet 

I agree with your first paragraph but he did get a fairwell video message and Dean Smiths programme notes for the Newcastle game talked about him warmly and stated that everyone at the club wished him well. 

Time will be a healer. Still very raw for some people, I get that. I've said before, I was gutted he left. Had a tear in my eye when I watched those farewell videos. 

He gave a lot of joy to people... one of the very best players we've had in modern history. He also did a lot of good stuff off the field as well that gets forgotten about. Visiting sick children, doing video calls with them during covid (there are a couple of the AVFC YouTube page). I know some people will say that was all the PR 'machine' but I don't believe that at all. There was that story that Ian Wright mentioned recently about him video calling a kid in London. That wasn't PR - no one knew about that until Wright mentioned it. 

I'm not going to forget the good memories, just because he's ambitious. Yes, he could have handled things in a better way but it is what it is. 

p.s No i'm not paid by his PR team ;) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Time will be a healer. Still very raw for some people, I get that. I've said before, I was gutted he left. Had a tear in my eye when I watched those farewell videos. 

He gave a lot of joy to people... one of the very best players we've had in modern history. He also did a lot of good stuff off the field as well that gets forgotten about. Visiting sick children, doing video calls with them during covid (there are a couple of the AVFC YouTube page). I know some people will say that was all the PR 'machine' but I don't believe that at all. There was that story that Ian Wright mentioned recently about him video calling a kid in London. That wasn't PR - no one knew about that until Wright mentioned it. 

I'm not going to forget the good memories, just because he's ambitious. Yes, he could have handled things in a better way but it is what it is. 

You should be you put it far better than those clowns do, almost believable😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I think he did do a lot for kids but I just think he’s bought into his own hype plus people within the game chirped at him constantly about moving on to bigger and better things so champions league is a factor. I get that my issue is the way they’ve been with Villa over it. They did us dirty over the clause and telling city about it. You can’t have it both ways, we bought into it when he signed his deal and said my club etc. Why do that? It was dishonest, it’s as simple as that and not them, never them. 

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think he did do a lot for kids but I just think he’s bought into his own hype plus people within the game chirped at him constantly about moving on to bigger and better things so champions league is a factor. I get that my issue is the way they’ve been with Villa over it. They did us dirty over the clause and telling city about it. You can’t have it both ways, we bought into it when he signed his deal and said my club etc. Why do that? It was dishonest, it’s as simple as that and not them, never them. 

I don't disagree with you. I imagine he's had plenty of people whispering in his ear over the years telling him what to do and what to say, and those people will be motivated by their own greed and self interests as well. It's just a shame it got so ugly in the end, but I don't think it could have gone any other way. I may be looking at it from a Villa bubble but it was a hugely emotive transfer... it was always going to be messy. I can't recall such a transfer like it in a long time in this country. Maybe Sol Campbell moving to Arsenal from Spurs?... Lampard's move from WHU to Chelsea? There was always going to be an epic fallout. 

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't disagree with you. I imagine he's had plenty of people whispering in his ear over the years telling him what to do and what to say, and those people will be motivated by their own greed and self interests as well. It's just a shame it got so ugly in the end, but I don't think it could have gone any other way. I may be looking at it from a Villa bubble but it was a hugely emotive transfer... it was always going to be messy. I can't recall such a transfer like it in a long time in this country. Maybe Sol Campbell moving to Arsenal from Spurs?... Lampard's move from WHU to Chelsea? There was always going to be an epic fallout. 

but them 2 transfers were a rival move, this is a one sided emotional transfer. Closest one to this would have been Gerrard to Chelsea

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

There isn't. The only people who care are us. Fans from other teams don't give two hoots

Â