The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Him admitting that he had the clause inserted because he wanted a big club to come in for him isn’t the best look. Just admits he had no interest in staying deep down. He just needs to shut up and focus on playing for City. 

The clause was a Champions League team could sign him for £100m, unless Villa were in the Champions League.  I think that suggests he wants to play Champions League football now, his preference would be to do it for us but the chances of that were very slim.

Whenever I've seen him for City he hasn't looked fit yet. Be interested to see if the dodgy shins ever get better.

England have generally been pretty good when he's on the pitch because he forces them forward, this will be no different.

We will win tournaments if Jack Grealish plays like he has for Villa the last four years. And Southgate and Pep will gobble up plenty of credit I'm sure.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Him admitting that he had the clause inserted because he wanted a big club to come in for him isn’t the best look. Just admits he had no interest in staying deep down. He just needs to shut up and focus on playing for City. 

If your to be a little fair, he grafted all season for us, up until the injury. Could have easily played half arsed like many do, knowing he most probably was getting his move.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The clause was a Champions League team could sign him for £100m, unless Villa were in the Champions League.  I think that suggests he wants to play Champions League football now, his preference would be to do it for us but the chances of that were very slim.

Being very generous to him there…we were never going to be CL this season and so he knew that but all the comments that he’s onboard with the project was just BS.  

His allegiance to the Villa was no more than any money hungry/next step player and not a supporter that plays for his boyhood club or a legend or somebody that has a connection with the club. 

Shame!  Now he’s just in the snake basket with the likes of Delph and co!

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If your to be a little fair, he grafted all season for us, up until the injury. Could have easily played half arsed like many do, knowing he most probably was getting his move.

No chance he’d get the move if he was half arsed.  He got the move because he upped his output and was quality.  No way he’d get the move for 100m playing half arsed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If he played half assed, who's coming in for him for 100m? :lol:

He had to play out of his skin to get this move. Fair play to him, if it wasn't for his dodgy shins, he would have fired us to Europe.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And I now actively want Villa players not being called up for England.

You know what I agree with you, nearly every player we have had that have gone on to play for England has had their head turned, once playing for England. I remember Vassell playing for England then went to City. Just seems to be a curse we have! There must be a pretty long list!

As @Zatman said earlier, he signed a contract with a £100m clause, just after he has survived relegation, wasn't an international and he has disgraced himself in lockdown. At that point people were saying he wasn't a £50m player! He couldn't have been desperate to move as that clause was practically pie in the sky at that point. Its testament to how great he was, he was able to get a team to pay it. 

The fact he's starting tonight means he probably feels justified in leaving. 

He's gone now and we got £100m. We've strengthened and made a profit. Happy days. 

• Like 1

Who's the last England international we had playing for us who stayed more than 1 year beyond their first call-up? Only one I can think of is Bent and that's only because Paul Lambert put him in the bomb squad. Also Gabby because he just wasn't good enough.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

As @Zatman said earlier, he signed a contract with a £100m clause, just after he has survived relegation, wasn't an international and he has disgraced himself in lockdown. At that point people were saying he wasn't a £50m player! He couldn't have been desperate to move as that clause was practically pie in the sky at that point. Its testament to how great he was, he was able to get a team to pay it. 

He's gone now and we got £100m. We've strengthened and made a profit. Happy days. 

Still a snake!

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Who's the last England international we had playing for us who stayed more than 1 year beyond their first call-up? Only one I can think of is Bent and that's only because Paul Lambert put him in the bomb squad. Also Gabby because he just wasn't good enough.

Mings

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hmm not really sure about that, I remember that summer the papers were talking about 80m and United wanting to pay that much. The fact that the move never came off tells me it was still a bit off our valuation. I think you're right that they never thought anyone would pay 100m, but I suspect if they held all the cards and City came in for him January 2021, we'd have asked for more than 100m.

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Tyrone Mings 😉

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, calcifer said:

You know what I agree with you, nearly every player we have had that have gone on to play for England has had their head turned, once playing for England. I remember Vassell playing for England then went to City. Just seems to be a curse we have! There must be a pretty long list!

Vassell was surplus to requirements here and City were genuinely dreadful at that time. It was nothing like the Grealish situation.

• Like 1

Â