The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Of course there are exceptions (I'd certainly hope!) like wives, husbands, kids etc - things that do particularly matter in life.

Football is a passion for me, and I've had to teach myself not to be too bothered or annoyed by things within that passion which I cannot control i.e. results/transfers etc.  I certainly try not to let football define who I am (like I see people with tattoo's, calling their kids Aston etc etc), not that there's anything wrong with it.

I've other interests and passions, but I spend a **** load of time/energy on Villa, like VT for example. 

Again, just to reiterate, I'm extremely sad Jack's left, like I've outlined in a post a page or two back, but when I objectively think about it; I.e. a 25 year old man who's already played for, scored for, captained to promotion and had 2 good seasons in the Prem for HIS CLUB.  I can KIND OF understand why he'd want to see if he can go and get silverware where it's almost to the point, expected. 

He's been there, done it and got the commemorative promotion t-shirt for Villa. 

For every night like when we beat Everton 2-0 upon our return, there are 10 games against other opponents where our fan base are basically, a bunch of **** pricks to the team on that day, like if Anwar misplaces a pass, if Taylor mishits another cross, if Hutton puts it out of place or if Wesley has a bad game - as a pro that shit grates on you week after week "some support, this"

"may as well go and win some medals". 

I'll say again as well - I don't think it was Jack that sat in those meetings and said "erm.. Can I have a release clause put in please?"

His agents would have suggested it. 

I don't get that he was somehow "angling" for a move, I just think the opportunity came up and he's made a decision. 

I was thinking that the other day.  Jack did so much to help keep us up after the lockdown, whereas if Villa Park was full we would have been relegated with a couple of games left I'm sure.  No way our fans would have been patient enough in the first couple of games where we were a bit shit and defensive, we would have gone down, Jack would have been sold for a relative pittance, Dean would have been sacked and replaced by Sam Allardyce probably.  A big section of our fans are probably the quickest to throw our own under the bus but then demand endless loyalty.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Exactly where I stand with this. If we finished outside the top 6 this season, I don't think anybody would hold it against Jack for leaving.

I don't think it's possible to read the last 500 or whatever pages of this thread and come to that conclusion.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Right, so it's not actually a pantomime thing then? It's that you should be allowed to genuinely dislike someone - hate them, even - because they play for a different club or weren't willing to spend their entire life serving our club you want them to?

No rational analysis of the situation required because they're rich and exist only for our entertainment, and thus they deserve it?

I think that line of thinking excuses an awful lot of things, many of them not limited to the football pitch. It's the main reason why social media is such a cesspit these days, for example.

That’s not fair on us fans at all…

We didn’t hate Mellberg for leaving and playing for a different club… or Albrighton… or Bannan… or Carew… or Bent… or Benteke… or Vlaar…

But after the years of shite we have been through because of that shitbag club dressed in Blue from Manchester…

After their club got bankrolled… then they proceeded to cherry pick us, year after year, into relegation when they could have afforded ANY PLAYER THEY WANTED… They HAD to have ours??

and then “one of our own” who lived through it and witnessed it all as a lad just goes along for it as well?

Thats why I will be booing him.. that’s why I wish him nothing but failure…

Thats why…

If he had gone to Milan, or Barcelona, or Juventus, or Madrid… I would have wished him well and said: “There’s our boy… Living his best life… I’m proud of him”

but he went to Man City… at the drop of a hat…

11 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

That’s not fair on us fans at all…

We didn’t hate Mellberg for leaving and playing for a different club… or Albrighton… or Bannan… or Carew… or Bent… or Benteke… or Vlaar…

But after the years of shite we have been through because of that shitbag club dressed in Blue from Manchester…

After their club got bankrolled… then they proceeded to cherry pick us, year after year, into relegation when they could have afforded ANY PLAYER THEY WANTED… They HAD to have ours??

and then “one of our own” who lived through it and witnessed it all as a lad just goes along for it as well?

Thats why…

If he had gone to Milan, or Barcelona, or Juventus, or Madrid… I would have wished him well and said: “There’s our boy… Living his best life… I’m proud of him”

but he went to Man City… at the drop of a hat…

Only City could afford him 

Would you have wished him well if he went to Spurs or United 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Only City could afford him 

Would you have wished him well if he went to Spurs or United 

Absolutely not… but that’s for different reasons.

I f**king hate Spurs and Man Utd…

We should have done what Chelsea did with Tammy…

You can leave, but not to another English club

14 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

after the years of shite we have been through because of that shitbag club dressed in Blue from Manchester…

I'm sorry but this is an absurd level of self-centring. They bought some of our players because we had good players. Other clubs also bought our players, and Man City also bought or acquired multiple players from other clubs (eg Toure, Nasri and Adebayor from Arsenal).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sorry but this is an absurd level of self-centring. They bought some of our players because we had good players. Other clubs also bought our players, and Man City also bought or acquired multiple players from other clubs (eg Toure, Nasri and Adebayor from Arsenal).

We also raided Brentford more than City did Villa, never hear that complaint. Problem was Brentford were organised and we were ran like shit

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Did they?

I didn’t notice…

Im too self centred and only care about how things effect Villa

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think it's possible to read the last 500 or whatever pages of this thread and come to that conclusion.

Obviously some people would hold it against him still, but the level of vitriol would be nowhere near what it is now.

44 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Absolutely not… but that’s for different reasons.

I f**king hate Spurs and Man Utd…

We should have done what Chelsea did with Tammy…

You can leave, but not to another English club

Jack wanted to play right now in the CL so if it wasn't Man City it would have been someone else in the CL who could afford him. Simple.

2 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Jack wanted to play right now in the CL so if it wasn't Man City it would have been someone else in the CL who could afford him. Simple.

And there wasn't anyone offering 100m for him.

Most of the big clubs in the CL are broke.

Munich, but they won't be paying those fees and he probably wouldn't have wanted to go Bundesliga anyway.

Juve are broke

Milan are broke

Inter are broke

PSG - maybe, but they have Neymar and he's better than Jack - now they have Messi as well :lol: 

Barca are broke

Madrid are broke

Who else is there? 

What's better for Villa?  Accepting a lesser bid from a foreign team?  Or getting as much as we can for our club?  

We're not battling Man City this year, so who gives a shit.

The only annoying thing about it is we'll see a lot more of him and it'll feel as though "our noses are being rubbed in it". 

But, it's not often a transfer record gets broken, so of course Man City will package him up as the next superstar "you gotta get his name on the back of your £100 shirt!" because THAT'S BUSINESS. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

"Everyone's seen the way Messi was at his final press conference and that is the exact way I felt myself.

"Before I left, at the hotel, I spoke to the team, the staff and the players and I teared up a little bit myself."image.jpeg.4af890bb419cb26632690e2a9cafbdec.jpeg

GIF kamera spieler camera - animated GIF on GIFER

And FWIW, I think there's going to be a monumental shift in the CL in the coming seasons as all of the traditional heavy weights go through huge financial changes - let's hope we can crack that egg at just the right time to make a name for ourselves! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

His latest Instagram post is his fashion modelling. I don’t remember anywhere near the volume of posts when here was here. 

At Villa he was a footballer first and had to train 😛

37 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

His latest Instagram post is his fashion modelling. I don’t remember anywhere near the volume of posts when here was here. 

I suspect now that he's had a taste of the limelight, being the next David Beckham as a "brand" is very much at the forefront of his mind, rather than football.

Â