The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be Christian Purslow said the board decided the figure. I guess they totally miscalculated. Any new contract surely would have had a world record fee release clause. 

His value  now is a lot more than year ago and to be fair to the club his team had to agree to the clause amount  or they wouldn’t have signed a deal - I think purslow spoke well - grealish held the aces and  comes out of this all looking pretty shabby to say the least 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

With Abu Dhabi in the background lmao.

Everything feels so plastic about this move. Completely soulless 

One can only imagine the perks some of these players get behind the scenes, out of the jurisdiction of the PL.

I mean, we all know at least one greasy prick with a " Mansion In Dubai " " On a Yacht with models " #livingtheluxurylifestyle #iamyourgoals.

2 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

So if we had snuck into the Europa League this past season he would still have told us to **** off? Is that the long and short of it?

Yep. Purslow said he wanted Champions League now. Nothing was going to stop him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but i'm not in the mood to appease under 25 year old Brand Grealish FC types who are trying their hardest to convince me of what a legend he is, how grateful the club should be and how i should be willing him to " smash it ".

Best post I’ve read today. Spot on. 

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be fair Christian Purslow said the board decided the figure. I guess they totally miscalculated. Any new contract surely would have had a world record fee release clause. 

Well yeah he said that but it would clearly have been influenced by Jack.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One can only imagine the perks some of these players get behind the scenes, out of the jurisdiction of the PL.

I mean, we all know at least one greasy prick with a " Mansion In Dubai " " On a Yacht with models " #livingtheluxurylifestyle #iamyourgoals.

Let’s see how long they tolerate his antics off the pitch 

7 minutes ago, SidSidSidSid said:

I agree. £100m isn't acceptable compensation for what Villa have lost. I was of that opinion last summer, too.

Major miscalculation by the club?...Or taking one for Jack who, on advice from his agent, insisted on the figure? 🤔 Guess we'll never know. 

If they didn't set it at 100m we would have just lost him to United for 60-70m that summer instead which would have been truly undervaluing him. 100m was the happy medium that satisfied both parties. Any higher and Jack wouldn't have signed the contract.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Please stop saying Jack got us promoted. Its just revisionism. The team did it. Most of them played a significant job.

It was mainly Scott Hogan if I recall correctly 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Yep. Purslow said he wanted Champions League now. Nothing was going to stop him. 

Yup, the NOW indicated they were trying to convince him those were our aspirations as well.

Let's be real though, isn't " I| want to play Champions League football " every players go to line from I've been tapped up by a CL club 101 booklet?

Just now, Tom13 said:

Him mentioning all the City players by their nicknames...cringing hell.

Everything about it is pure cringe. Also, what’s up with the Casio font for the shirt name and number. They are a shell of a club 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In that case, putting him in the conversation ACTUAL Villa legends is even more bemusing.

Means you are fully aware and doing them a total disservice.

In my humble opinion.

I called him the brightest star that I've seen in a Villa shirt, and that's MY humble opinion, but I'd hazard to guess it's one that many older heads agree with.

Not sure why you think I do Villa legends a disservice. Pretty sure they all agree that Grealish was a Villa phenomenon.

Anyway, Legend status is a different thing entirely. He's walked away from being able to achieve that now.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that Man City never win the CL. I hope that they get to the final every year, and lose. 

For at least the next 6 years. Hopefully one of those losses being against us.

Now, let's go and sign Messi on a free to really troll them.

I am so looking forward to Tyrone grabbing him by the scruff of the neck to haul him back to his feet after he goes to ground in that no nonsense way he does - and inevitably will have to! 

Curious to see how Jack performs against us too, it can do curious things to players playing against their first / own team. Could be untouchable, could utterly crumble. 

Someone else defied anyone to watch him in the big UCL matches for Man City, and well, I will do, but I won't watch it for Jack, I'll watch it cos it's a big UCL match. 

As discussed elsewhere, this is a step towards him being JG10, an icon transcending football, the model, the professional, all that other fluff which has little to do with football, but would be impossible for him without it. I must admit I find it hard to accept that it's possible for a brummy to be such a thing! One could draw comparisons to CR7 and his career moves to build what his dynasty is...not sure Jack will ever be that good, but as I said before, he's a step closer now simply by virtue of being a Manchester City player rather than an Aston Villa player.

I liked the focus on the FA Cup semi v Liverpool in that little Villa retrospective clip, what a day, and what a match that was. It wasn't all about Jack that day, it was all about Villa, and I can't begrudge the memory I have of that day, or countless others, just cos they involved Grealish (or Delph!).

We'll all enjoy more days like that in the future without him, probably with players who in turn will be labelled snakes, or two faced, or what have you (maybe not greasy though!), and it's for that reason that I can't say I'm sad he's gone. 

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He Says on sky it’s been a difficult few months so clearly planned to go for a long time- hardly committed himself last summer - was all lies 

All this time we thought he was representing us at the Euros. Aston Villa's Jack Grealish. Yeah right. 

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yup, the NOW indicated they were trying to convince him those were our aspirations as well.

Let's be real though, isn't " I| want to play Champions League football " every players go to line from I've been tapped up by a CL club 101 booklet?

How could anyone not see what a giant hissy fit he through to make this deal go through on his terms. He got exactly what he wanted knowing full well that the club had major plans and he was the gem in the crown. Was never good enough for Planet Jack. 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I called him the brightest star that I've seen in a Villa shirt, and that's MY humble opinion, but I'd hazard to guess it's one that many older heads agree with.

Not sure why you think I do Villa legends a disservice. Pretty sure they all agree that Grealish was a Villa phenomenon.

Anyway, Legend status is a different thing entirely. He's walked away from being able to achieve that now.

Out of likes, but don't mind me, i'm scatter shooting with rage and hitting the wrong posters at times. lol

I need to leave the thread for my own sanity/blood pressure.

• Like 1

Â