The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

massive exaggeration from a drunken night to cocaine in the toilet  :rolleyes:

If he was doing it the week of a game then id be pissed off, now its just a kid abroad

The only difference is legality.

I'd argue doing cocaine in the toilet is "safer" than the state Jack appears to be in in those pictures.

Irrespective, it's about image.  He's been foolish, he'll be better protected (or advised) now on and it hopefully won't give him a bad reputation.

massive exaggeration from a drunken night to cocaine in the toilet :rolleyes:

If he was doing it the week of a game then id be pissed off, now its just a kid abroad

Obviously it all sounds very convenient right now, but I didn't want to mention it before because of the media-storm, but mid-season, when the photos in the paper came out of him doing that gas, one of my mates at work said they saw him a few nights earlier in a club/bar doing that gas then (which would have been a different time to the one photographed, as he said that was a while ago, didn't he?)

So, I'm still hoping this is all a case of 'lad has fun while he's young', but he really needs to be careful of his behaviour, in my opinion.

• Like 2

It seems like young footballers are particularly at risk of having their leisure-time indiscretions plastered all over the media, not least because they have lots of "friends" who are happy to tweet pictures of their behaviour instantly to the wider world and because the tabloid press is hungry for sensational stories on those lines.

Just think, whatever the rights or wrongs of his behaviour, Jack needs to be more savvy about how his activities are going to be portrayed and behave more sensibly. He doesn't always seem to have the greatest advice at present.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Young footballer getting blotted and doing something stupid has been happening since the dawn of football. The only thing over the last few years is that you are now way more likely to be photographed and have those images spread across social media.

I don’t really have any issue with what he has done either in this instance or the laughing gas episode. The only difference between Jack and a lot of other players is that he has been caught doing it. Bottom line is that he is 19 years old, has way too much money in his pocket for someone that age but is still a young kid. Despite the responsibility that comes with being a professional athlete you can’t instil maturity into someone, that comes with time, and a few hard lessons like this one will almost certainly help him mature a little quicker.

Edited by markavfc40

People are bringing up the laughing gas again... :crylaugh:

And?

It's just another example of him doing something that others do, but not being careful in the places he's doing it.

Jack needs to learn soon that he is famous, and people won't let him get on with things without snapping a photo and putting it online.

Young footballer getting blotted and doing something stupid has been happening since the dawn of football. The only thing over the last few years is that you are now way more likely to be photographed and have those images spread across social media.

I don’t really have any issue with what he has done either in this instance or the laughing gas episode. The only difference between Jack and a lot of other players is that he has been caught doing it. Bottom line is that he is 19 years old, has way too much money in his pocket for someone that age but is still a young kid. Despite the responsibility that comes with being a professional athlete you can’t instil maturity into someone, that comes with time, and a few hard lessons like this one will almost certainly help him mature a little quicker.

You also have to be in much better physical and mental shape now than you did a couple decades or so ago.

More games, faster tempo, more exposure, more money, more pressure, more competition...

You don't see many Jan Mölbys or Gascoignes at top level anymore. Players like Merson, Adams and McGrath would never have made it for more than a season or 2 in todays football, no matter how talented they were.

• Like 1

I think its very naive from a lot of people on the subject as if they were expecting Jack to be some milk drinking superhero

Not at all.

If that was an image of Jack drinking a pint, it doesn't make the papers.

You honestly can't see this?

• Like 1

lets just get shot and cash in now. the way he played in the cup final, those shin pads, that haircut and the fact he went to Tenerife. He has become a billy big bollocks without really doing much. He could learn a lot from the likes of james milner or gareth barry. Sort it out jack.

I think its very naive from a lot of people on the subject as if they were expecting Jack to be some milk drinking superhero

Not at all.

If that was an image of Jack drinking a pint, it doesn't make the papers.

You honestly can't see this?

but its only a photo, I would rather see a video as proof before I make up my mind what really happened

Fair do's to Jack! It does anyone good to let your hair down from time to time and have a bit of a blowout. Only an issue if it becomes the be all and end all surely? 

In my work i have seen many professional footballers out on the P*** and getting absolutely smashed. And that's during a season especially when they're maybe out injured or something. We used to get regular visitors in one of the venues midweek and would close the doors and curtain the windows for privacy, often not getting out until 4 or 5 am.

So it happens, he just needs to realise there are leeches out there who will do anything to make an easy buck off someone else's position of fame. Low lives as i call them.

To be fair, it's got a long way down to go.

Aaaand now the club statement has made top story and breaking news on the BBC website.  What a load of old bollocks.  The path this story has taken is so pathetically predictable.

You know what avoids everything?

Jack Grealish doesn't do this.  So simple!

God forbid the boy goes on holiday with his mates and enjoys himself! Jeeeesus christ. Not like he pissed on a Villa shirt is it? We all make mistakes - and the chances are one of those mistakes was getting too drunk at one point. At least he can have a laugh about it. 

• Like 1

lets just get shot and cash in now. the way he played in the cup final, those shin pads, that haircut and the fact he went to Tenerife. He has become a billy big bollocks without really doing much. He could learn a lot from the likes of james milner or gareth barry. Sort it out jack.

Yeah I reckon Milner and Barry have never had a laugh. EVER.

Â